Studio Fix Fluid-less dry and blotchy???

Sophia84

I have very oily skin but still SFF looks dry on me, and gets blotchy around nose,chin and forehead, and stuck on dry patches on my cheeks. And also zero lasting powder, I'm so jealous when I read that on many girls lasts for hours!!
ssad.gif
I have it for months but I don't use it anymore, I need to find a way to use it, i really wanna use it up.
These are the things I've tried but they didin't work:

apply it with 188
apply it with 188 which I sprayed with Fix+
apply it with sponge wich I sprayed with Fix +
used Milk of Magnesia under as a primer
I even mixed it with moisturizer but still the same-blotchy everywhere

I just got Microfine Refinisher exfoliator to add it in my skincare routine, to see if the dry patches on my skin will go away eventually.

I had the idea to use a luminizer with it, like Strobe Liquid. What do you think?? Good or bad idea???

I'm open to all suggestions!!

anshu7

here r some of my suggestions
thmbup.gif
forget milk of magnesia.use a good primer like smashbox photofinish if u want a cheaper option try monistat anti chafing gel
thmbup.gif
exfoliate ur face regularly to get rid of dry patches
thmbup.gif
try using a mild cleanser like cetaphil
thmbup.gif
i still maintain mixing a drop of moisturiser with ur foundation.it worked for me
thmbup.gif
use a skunk to apply foundation
thmbup.gif
dont use a sponge to apply foundation or anything else tht tugs at ur skin
i hope tht helps!

BrowneyedBeauty

I used to have a similar problem...I have REALLY dry skin. I started using the Microfine Refinisher and it's been amazing for me. I also use the Studio Fix Moisture Cream-I think that's the name(not lotion..it's a little thicker than the lotion) before I put makeup on in the morning. I also put some type of face lotion on at night, usually Clinique Superdefense. Hope that helps!

Sophia84

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshu7
here r some of my suggestions
thmbup.gif
forget milk of magnesia.use a good primer like smashbox photofinish if u want a cheaper option try monistat anti chafing gel
thmbup.gif
exfoliate ur face regularly to get rid of dry patches
thmbup.gif
try using a mild cleanser like cetaphil
thmbup.gif
i still maintain mixing a drop of moisturiser with ur foundation.it worked for me
thmbup.gif
use a skunk to apply foundation
thmbup.gif
dont use a sponge to apply foundation or anything else tht tugs at ur skin
i hope tht helps!

Thank you. 188 brush is a skunk so I'm fine with that. I've used Smashbox primer in the past but made my fndts look horrible after 2 hours, massive oillness and then pouf my fndt dissapeared LOL

Sophia84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowneyedBeauty
I used to have a similar problem...I have REALLY dry skin. I started using the Microfine Refinisher and it's been amazing for me. I also use the Studio Fix Moisture Cream-I think that's the name(not lotion..it's a little thicker than the lotion) before I put makeup on in the morning. I also put some type of face lotion on at night, usually Clinique Superdefense. Hope that helps!

Thank you, especially got the info about Microfine Refinisher. I can't wait until I see good results!!