Studio Fix Fluid

pinknilla

I'm thinking of trying it but what type of brush should I use to apply it with? I don't mind MAC brushes.

kalikana

I use the 187 as well
greengrin.gif

trollydolly

without a doubt the 187. it applies studio fix fluid foundation extremely well and it allows you to build up the foundation and get your desired coverage. love it!

gelydh

I've been using Studio Fix Fluid for awhile, but only just recently started applying it with the 187; the results are amazing from the first application, so I definitely recommend that brush.
smiles.gif

Amaranth

Use the 187, and use the stippling technique where you tap it over and over again to your face. No brush marks that way!

pinknilla

Thanks so much everybody, i found EnKores video on using the 187 for liquid foundation and so I will be saving up for it now. =)

Kiseki

Yet another vote for the MAC 187, however if you want that flawless almost cinematic coverage, apply it with the 190.

abbyquack

why is it when i apply with the 187 it looks like crap...well any brush for that matter? how do you apply your foundation? mine always looks cakey and streaky and plain old gross. is there a certain motion with the brush?

Amaranth

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
why is it when i apply with the 187 it looks like crap...well any brush for that matter? how do you apply your foundation? mine always looks cakey and streaky and plain old gross. is there a certain motion with the brush?

You bet: stippling! Put a tiny bit of the foundation on the very tips of the 187's bristles and tap it lightly over and over again to your face. Don't drag it all over, that's your sure-fire way to streaky-town. This method is sort of difficult to explain, so hopefully you understand what I mean.

blindpassion

I guess I'm the odd one out here :p
I do use the 187 but not that often anymore, I use the 109 for my studio fix liquid. It's described as a small contour brush
M·A·C Cosmetics | 109 Small Contour Brush

Most people wouldn't reach for this as a foundation brush, but it gives flawless full coverage when properly buffed
The tip of the brush is shaped like a dome and holds the foundation perfectly
You can also use it as a contour for blush/highlight ect
Check it out! Even if you don't buy it, take a look at it, it's really a fantastic brush.

(187 is great too!)

beauty_marked

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
I do use the 187 but not that often anymore, I use the 109 for my studio fix liquid. It's described as a small contour brush

Most people wouldn't reach for this as a foundation brush, but it gives flawless full coverage when properly buffed
Check it out! Even if you don't buy it, take a look at it, it's really a fantastic brush.

(187 is great too!)

While i do LOVE the 187 and all you can do with it, the 109 gives amazing application as well, and is a little bit easier to use. There both great brushes for SFF

b3AuTiFuL323

I use the 169 brush to apply my SFF,I put three pumps of the foundation on the brush and then I stipple it on and then I do circular motions to smooth it out.It gives me a flawless finish and Ive even been complimented by a MAC MA on how my skin looks so flawless! She wanted to now what I use to keep my skin so smooth and I told her it was all the makeup not my skin care routine because I have several acne scars and discoloration.I do have the 187 but it doesn't give me the finish the 169 does.

revinn

I love using my fingers..I know, I know, unsanitary, but nothing else cuts it for me in terms of blending.

Caramel_QT

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion

(187 is great too!)

Not odd at all. I actually saw a youtube tutorial where the girl used this same brush to apply her SFF. I will be saving up for this brush, for sure!

miss_supra

The 187 gives my the most flawless/airbrushed looked.

If you have problems streaking or cakeyness it might even be because of a wrong color. It was my issue! As soon as I found the right coverage this issue went away.

Another reason for it is if your foundation is cold, it will not blend as well. If you are applying foundation yourself, roll a cleansed finger in the foundation to warm it up. This applies to conceler too.

If you use too heavy of a hand too it can cause cakeyness!