Studio Sculpt Concealer - Help Me Make it Work Please!

DirtyHarriet

I got the new studio sculpt concealer for under-eye circles. However, it just seems cake-y on my skin and it's settling into all of my fine lines...I just can't get it to apply smoothly.

I have tried:
- applying it with my finger and with a concealer brush
- using a heavier eye cream to make sure my skin is moisturized
- using a primer first
- dabbing, smoothing, teeny amount, larger amount

Nothing seems to work. It just cakes on and looks blotchy. It does cover my dark circles, but it accentuates my fine lines like crazy!

The MA who recommended it couldn't say enough about how good this concealer is...and I just can't get it to apply smoothly and evenly.

Please help!

MACLovin

Have you tried using a fluffier brush like the #217? I get the best results with under eye concealer when I do. it really helps to blend it lightly. I also make sure to set it with some kind of translucent powder with my #187 and it seems to stop it from migrating into any fine lines.

Good luck!
greengrin.gif

bartp

I have to moisturize , moisturize, moisturize to make it work
smiles.gif
, and my eye area isn't even that dry

iluvmac

My undereye area is very dry, that's why I didn't buy it. The only concealer that works for me is Select Moisturecover.

DirtyHarriet

crap...i tried with the 217 today...with super duper moisturizer...and it still was a no go...

i guess i'm going back for some select moisturecover!

i had no idea how drying this product was...i expected it to be on par with the foundation in this release, and to go on very smooth and creamy...

thanks for your help!

kimmy

i love studio sculpt concealor for acne scars and stuff, but under my eyes it makes my fine lines look terrible. i think appyling it with a fluffy brush is the only way to go with this stuff, so if that still isn't working for you...definately time to check into something else.
smiles.gif

MrsRjizzle

I use a bigger brush... think im using a 109; spray with fix plus and dab into the concelour pot. lightly....(you dont need to much) Put it on after your foundation just where you need it and blend into your foundation. I havent had a problem with it looking cakey at all. I really like it actually.... Good luck. Hope you find a way to make it work.....

alka1

I haven't tried studio sculpt yet, but I love select moisturecover! so creamy and smooth and covers really well
smiles.gif

kaexbabey

hmm its funny, after posting in this thread last night.. just today i had problems with my under eye area. usually it behaves! lol.

DirtyHarriet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaexbabey
hmm its funny, after posting in this thread last night.. just today i had problems with my under eye area. usually it behaves! lol.

that's funny...in a non-funny kind of way. your misbehaving concealer is hopefully a one time thing though.

in the meantime...

misery loves company? lol
greengrin.gif

kaexbabey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarriet
that's funny...in a non-funny kind of way. your misbehaving concealer is hopefully a one time thing though.

in the meantime...

misery loves company? lol
greengrin.gif

LOL.

i have good news though! i made it work again for me today!
idk if someone already said this but..
i sprayed fix plus one area at a time seconds before i applied the concealer.
warmed it up a little with my fingers..and voila!
even for my undereyes!
try it out and lmk how it goes.

Latest posts