Studio Sculpt woes.

PerfectlyOdd

First I'd like to say, Hi and thanks for any advice in advance.

So I have kinda dry skin i washed my face last night and moisturized and what not and haven't washed my face yet and my face doesn't feel tight per say but it's not oily at all, although I'm sure a blotting paper would pick up something on my nose.

I went in to my MAC counter eager to get the Hello Kitty stuff and some foundation. The girl asked me about my skin type and what not and I consider my skin to be dry, so she color matches me for the Studio Sculpt.

And recently my denial about needing under eye concealer has ended. So I tell her I would like something for under my eyes. And we get studio sculpt concealer.

I've been using MAC for a little more than 4 years. Not too over board tho, just got what I needed. I had used Studio Fix powder for a while worked fine. my skin was way better 4 years ago.

Moved onto the liquid version. That worked well too some days liquid is just too much.

Recently I've been using a Shiseido powder foundation. I like it, but the color doesn't quite match these days.

Well I've been trying to use the studio sculpt stuff for about 3 weeks and I just can't get it to work. The foundation sticks in dry spots that i didn't know existed and i can't seem to get it to blend right. I use a foundation brush from sephora and I've used a short medium density fluffy brush to sort of try and buff it. ( i don't have any mac brushes...yet)

I've tried mixing it with some more moisturizer to sort of thin it out in hopes of it spreading better, but not so good.

I have a lot(well for my liking) of vellus hair thank god i'm pale or i would feel even more like teen wolf. And with this foundation it's just not working out well.

and the concealer doesn't like me either. i've tried a brush, just barely touching my finger tip to the product and then patting it onto my under eye but it never looks right.

every days i've tried to use these products have ended in me just sort off buffing it out with the powder foundation and moving on.

Any who, should I just stay away from liquids, am I doing something wrong? Tips tricks product suggestions?

Love you all you're gorgeous!

sweets4

Hi hun,
I am also looking for a liquid foundation, and I guess I am similiar to you, drier rather than oily...the mua at a pro store that I asked actually said I shouldnt use studio fix. as thats for ppl with oil skin.
Did you buy the products or just get samples? Id say take them back, and get a makeover done, so you could see if the products work on you with all the right tools, but tell them not to use the primer if you dont use that at home... I have a 190 for foundation, but i think you can get those everywhere, most people love the 187/8 and now there seems to be a big following for the 109, which is actually for contouring (and is now on my wishlist).
Id say also go back and ask for samples of a bunch of their foundations (after being colour matched) so you can try each out before buying them. Also maybe talk to a couple different artists,
As for concealer, Im using select moisturecover which i like for around my nose but not so much under the eyes...

KAKATI

I wouldn't think thinning it with moisturizer would help much because it's more of a gel formula. You could go back to your mac counter and tell them whats been going on and either get tips or return it.

SakurasamaLover

The easiest application technique for me with studio sculpt is the Beauty Blender, it does take a bit more product but I don't care, it's just so easy and not time consuming with it.

Works great with the concealer too. I still tend to use the 195 with it thought.

When I feel like I want a little less coverage I just leave the sponge a little bit more moist then usual and it applys more sheer.

browneyedbaby

Sometimes a foundation just doesn't work for you sadly, SS doesn't work for me either and I've tried every application method possible, it looks dreadful after an hour or two
oh.gif
(

Studio Fix Fluid is still the best for me. Or tinted moisturiser and Mineralize Skinfinish Natural on a good skin day.

User38

I bought the SS to test for myself. I have found that foundation can look great upon application and within an hour or several, it changes by turning orange or washing out. In the SS I found that on me, it goes on smoothly, and stays for about one hour, after that it's all downhill and I have to use the Studio Fix Powder to repair it back to a normal color. All in all, the SS did not give me great color or coverage -- ok, but no cigar
smiles.gif

Latest posts