Studio Stick...

Amethyst_beauty

I currently use Bare Escentuals foundation and I want to get back to using MAC foundation. I have Select SPF 15 in NW20, but I'd like to try something different.

On the MAC site, the Studio Stick is calling my name, but in the description, the following statement makes me wonder about the staying power:

"...precise application and fast, even touch-ups."

With BE and the Select SPF15, I don't need any touch-ups during the day, not even in heat/humidity.

The reason I'm interested in the Studio Stick is because of a FOTD (or maybe it was a tutorial) that showed the lady applying the Studio Stick over three of her fingers with the instructions to use what was on her fingers to distribute it to the same three fingers on her other hand...

EDIT: I finally found the post that made me want to try Studio Stick:

http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?t=49891

Anyhow, I liked the coverage she achieved and I would really like to try it myself...

What are the pros/cons to Studio Stick? Any & all hints & tips for working with Studio Stick would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, since I'm NW20 in Select SPF15, would I stay with NW20 or should I move up/down a notch?

Thanks!

pugmommy7

wow, she does have some gorgeous skin.
hmmm...where to begin,well, I have used both.
at first I liked the studio stick for the convenience. i could easily blend my 2 foundation shades by applying directly to my face or with fingers, and did not feel as if I was wasting a lot of product.
the problem was,my face always felt far too moist. i have normal to combination skin,and it was always too moist,as if the emollient never fully absorbed into my skin. I used a sparse application of powder over it, but frequent touch ups were necessary.
I also felt that my pores were more pronounced and it was quite heavy.
Last winter I started with BE and I think that there is nothing better.I quit using that in the summer because it seemed to easily rise to the surface when I perspire and wipe or sweat away in no time. touch ups are a P.I.T.A w/ BE, so I opted for studiofix fluid which I love. I use a skunk brush to apply then follow with my new fave,the msf from avant gold.
I feel balanced and it never feels heavy it if is applied with a brush.
I hope this helps. Perhaps go to the counter with a clean and moisturized face and ask to try it and shop a bit and see if you like the results.
love,
jennifer

Amethyst_beauty

Followup....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugmommy7
wow, she does have some gorgeous skin.
hmmm...where to begin,well, I have used both.
at first I liked the studio stick for the convenience. i could easily blend my 2 foundation shades by applying directly to my face or with fingers, and did not feel as if I was wasting a lot of product.
the problem was,my face always felt far too moist. i have normal to combination skin,and it was always too moist,as if the emollient never fully absorbed into my skin. I used a sparse application of powder over it, but frequent touch ups were necessary.
I also felt that my pores were more pronounced and it was quite heavy.
Last winter I started with BE and I think that there is nothing better.I quit using that in the summer because it seemed to easily rise to the surface when I perspire and wipe or sweat away in no time. touch ups are a P.I.T.A w/ BE, so I opted for studiofix fluid which I love. I use a skunk brush to apply then follow with my new fave,the msf from avant gold.
I feel balanced and it never feels heavy it if is applied with a brush.
I hope this helps. Perhaps go to the counter with a clean and moisturized face and ask to try it and shop a bit and see if you like the results.
love,
jennifer

I just finished posting in the FOTD section http://www.specktra.net/showthread.p...109#post528109 but I wanted to do a followup on this thread, too.....

It's 4:15pm and I've had the Studio Stick on since 10am this morning and everything is GREAT! I spent a couple hours doing some outside shopping and it's been 93 degrees with 44% humidity.

Not once did I feel as if I was "melting" and the only touchup needed was a light dusting of my new MSF in Light after waking up from my nap!

I was given a very generous sample of the Studio Stick in NW15 so I'm hoping that I continue to get great results with this foundation over the next several days....