Stupid MAC!!!

GlamourGrlJen

I placed an order 3 days ago and it has said backordered for 2 days so I called today after receiving an email saying that my order was cancelled b/c my CC was declined b/c the billing address was wrong. So I called my CC company and they said that my address was right so maybe it was wrong on MACs end. I'm really starting to get annoyed. I've used this same card everytime I've ordered from them and NOW there is a problem?!?! The lady at MAC said she was going to print off my order and give it to a branch mgr and I'll get an update via telephone or email. Such crap!

angry.gif
<~~This is me.

So I just called MAC to see if I could cancel my order and place it again. The lady on the phone said I could just change my CC to a different one without cancelling the entire order. Do you think it'll get charged twice? Once by each card? And I can log into my MAC acct but when I click a link like to see my recent order it takes me back to the log in page. GRRRRRRRRR, this is too much of a hassle.
th_wallbash.gif

juliankrby

I do apologize this must be a headache for you, I think it is on macs end because you know your own cc better then anyone else and I'm sure you know it works especially if you've always used it before purchasing mac items so I would use a different card like the SA mentioned and if you happen to get charged on the other card by chance then thats somewhat of a easy fix call your cc company and explain that card got charged for a order you didn't get or a order the makeup company canceled they will reverse the charges, I've had this happen to me to many times and the cc company always seems to help and will reverse the charge. But chances are if you use a different card the other one shouldn't get charged but like I said in case it does just call your cc company. HTH

marielle78

The exact same thing happened to me. First the backorder email, then the billing address issue. I called and they said that there probably wasn't a problem and that they'd try to process my order. I don't know if it worked or not though.
th_dunno.gif

GlamourGrlJen

Quote:
Originally Posted by marielle78
The exact same thing happened to me. First the backorder email, then the billing address issue. I called and they said that there probably wasn't a problem and that they'd try to process my order. I don't know if it worked or not though.
th_dunno.gif

I'd call again. I called them 3 or 4 times and made sure they fixed it and I'm hoping the problems with my CC go away. Right now there are pending charges of $300+ and they are all from MAC. I'm getting a little frustrated but my hubby says not to worry about it b/c this sort of thing happens all the time.

baroquely

Your hub is right. I used to work for a bank and this kind of thing happens all the time. Visa's system is separate (as is Master Card's) from the actual bank. Sometimes Visa stores the old billing address for freaking EVER (like up to a few years). It usually has a way of working itself out systematically, but if the charges actually post it's not a problem to get it worked out. I'm betting you're going to have a sweet ass haul on your hands when it comes!
cutey.gif

GlamourGrlJen

Quote:
Originally Posted by baroquely
Your hub is right. I used to work for a bank and this kind of thing happens all the time. Visa's system is separate (as is Master Card's) from the actual bank. Sometimes Visa stores the old billing address for freaking EVER (like up to a few years). It usually has a way of working itself out systematically, but if the charges actually post it's not a problem to get it worked out. I'm betting you're going to have a sweet ass haul on your hands when it comes!
cutey.gif

Lol, I can't wait till it comes! I'm not so worried anymore I'm sure it'll work itself out. Thanks for the reassurance!
yes.gif

Shenanigans

Quote:
my order was cancelled b/c my CC was declined b/c the billing address was wrong. So I called my CC company and they said that my address was right so maybe it was wrong on MACs end.

That's what happened with me and Sephora - I gave up.
ssad.gif