Stupid Me

juliankrby

I feel really stupid today!! Okay I've been doing makeup on myself since I was about 15 I'm now 21 thats 6 years of putting makeup on myself which most would think should have been plenty of time to learn a lot of tips and tricks to applying makeup good and blending well and everything well I've been using mac for about 3 years now which includes using there brushes and I've always used my 224 brush for blending well I see a bunch of ladies on these makeup forums who has there eotd photos and there eye makeup is blended so perfectly and looks so good well I've always used my 224 for blending but no matter what I do windshield wiper motion, circular motion, ect I can never seem to get my makeup blended right it looks like crap most of the time here's the catch I always hold my 224 brush by the silver part right above the bristles and thats how I've been using it for 3 years just yesterday I saw this video on youtube and this lady that does makeup she is a professional she was mentioning while putting someones eyeshadow on in her tut to hold the brush on the black handle part the actual handle so today I did my makeup and thought about that video I seen the previous night and today I did my makeup holding my 224 on the black handle and HOLY CRAP!! my makeup actually looks blended good today it looks like a lot of the gorgeous ladies I see on the forums all the time that have good blended eotd photos I couldn't believe it today I was thinking to myself wow I can't believe I did that on my eyes they look amazing. So all in all I felt like a complete idiot because all this time, all these years that have gone by I've been doing my makeup holding all my brushes by the silver part and wondering why my makeup doesn't look good why I can't seem to get the blending to look half way decent when all I had to do was hold my brush differently hold it up more higher on the actual black handle!!!!DUH!!!!!!!
th_loser.gif
th_wallbash.gif
Holding my 224 blending brush by the actual handle instead of the silver part really makes a huge difference I wish I would have figured this out 3 years ago instead of just now maybe I would have good application skills by now if I had been doing my makeup all along holding the handle.

Meryl

You're not stupid. You're smart to watch an expert, even if it's a video on youtube... and pick up new ideas!

lara

When you hold a brush on the ferrule it transfers more pressure to the area you're applying the brush against. Too much pressure with a blending brush moves the product too much, giving an overworked, 'muddy' look to the eye.
smiles.gif

A good rule of thumb is the softer the brush, the higher up the handle you hold it. On the flipside, next time you're using a stubby pencil-tipped brush to apply, say, a black eyeshadow, try holding the brush really close on the ferrule and see how concentrated the eyeshadow suddenly becomes.
smiles.gif

Kalico

Ohh interesting! I've never paid any attention to how I hold my brushes. Thanks for posting this!

GENESISLEXY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalico
Ohh interesting! I've never paid any attention to how I hold my brushes. Thanks for posting this!

omg.gif
SAME HERE!!!

VeXedPiNk

I had no idea!! Thanks for posting this... now I can't wait to try that when I do my makeup tomorrow!

Latest posts