Stupid question.....

liquidsirenhoney

I'm going to San Francisco this weekend... I have never been to a Pro store (i know). My question is, what is the difference between a MAC Pro, and Pro discount? If there is a difference.
TIA

a914butterfly

a mac pro store has more products and colors that arent available at a regular mac counter in a dept. store. mac pro discount is only for members and you have to be a profressional makeup artist or be in the film or entertainment business and provide proof to get membership and there is a fee for it. you get a certain percent discount for being a member

hope this helps and is acurate to my knowledge.
smiles.gif

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsirenhoney
thanks, now i know what store to go to...

You can be a non member to buy from a mac pro store, just not their website. I'd definately go to the pro store though and pick up some mixing medium, haha!

Turbokittykat

I think the poster is asking what is the difference between MAC stores on the MAC store locator which are described as "Pro Discount" and those that are labelled "MAC Pro".

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by a914butterfly
mac pro discount is only for members and you have to be a profressional makeup artist or be in the film or entertainment business and provide proof to get membership and there is a fee for it. you get a certain percent discount for being a member

Estheticians, hair stylists, manicurists, models, radio personalities etc are also able to apply. The fee is $30 a year which isn't so bad, actually pretty that's cheep
smiles.gif
and you have to provide 2 types of documentation with your app.
makeup artists receive 40% off
everyone else get's 30%

PPID FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokittykat
I think the poster is asking what is the difference between MAC stores on the MAC store locator which are described as "Pro Discount" and those that are labelled "MAC Pro".

The PPID cards are honored at all MAC free standing stores, this includes non-pro as well. Pro stores will carry all product including that which is not available at regular retail stores or counters. For example: eyeshadow colors in: Red Violet, Rose, Lime, Teal Blue, Aqua, Cobalt, Sky Blue, Canary Yellow, Goldenrod, Burnt Orange, Coral & Red Brick, can only be found at those stores or at MACpro.com.
However you certainlly allowed to purchase any pro product even if you do not have the PPID card. You just won't get the discount.

HTH
smiles.gif

Latest posts