Style Black questions and thoughts

indybrat

I've been making a list of things I want from Style Black. I have the US prices but was wondering if anyone has some general idea about what sort of prices we will be slugged?

I'm assuming the lipstick and mattene will be ~$30 - $38, based on current lipstick prices and that things like the MES, grease stick, liners etc would run along the same sort of price as their regular counter parts.

What sort of price do you think we'd be looking at for VAE and the mask? I'm curious to try VAE but wonder if it will be worth the price.

I finally found swatches of the glimmerglass and at this stage think I'll pass on them. I thought Blackfire sounded cool, but the swatches aren't really impressing me.
ssad.gif

indybrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKitten
there's a whole thread devoted to style black where your questions may already be answered

Style Black Discussion

i'd ask your questions here for easier answers

ooo and here are the Swatches

Thanks but I've searched there and couldn't find anything about the potential Australian prices. We always pay so much more that I thought someone would have a reasonable guess, or one of the girls who work for MAC may have heard about the pricing already.

aussiemacluvrrr

I think that she asked here in MAC Chat 'Australia' because she wanted someone from Australia to reply and give her information that US readers wouldn't have access to
smiles.gif

I would have done the same thing as you indybrat
smiles.gif
Isn't that why they have the specific MAC Chat Australia Forum :p

Oh and I'm guessing the VAE and mask will be around the $30-$40 mark going on the price of the Naked Honey Body Products.. I hope they aren't more than that because I wont be buying them then! haha!

TISH1124

Actually the discussion thread is where most of the Intl post as well as US...as you can see by lack of responses...

aussiemacluvrrr

Oh and if no one has the info, the only other thing I can suggest is calling the MAC Pro store in Melbourne (cos I see that's where you are from). They usually have advance pricing info...
greengrin.gif

simplyenchantin

Too true hahaha. If no one in THIS subforum knows the AU prices, I doubt anyone in the regular "Style Black Discussion" thread knows them. Generally AU prices would be posted in one of the threads in the AU subforum.. that kind of makes logical sense, right?

Bif

The Colour Craft MES were $44 - so that's my guess for the Style Black ones.

xLongLashesx

I think the lack of replies is more to do with a lot of our lovely Aussie spektrettes being MIA the last week or so.

elle25

Until I find out the actual Aussie prices, I just double the American prices and thats usually pretty close.

simplyenchantin

You're right, Sal.. the what are you wearing thread is pretty dead too.. that and, the lack of replies is also likely due to people not knowing the answer.. not due to the question being asked in the wrong subforum lol!

xLongLashesx

^^ Ha ha yeah!

I just subscribe to the double whatever they're charging in the US technique then bung on an extra couple of bucks.

Indy, why don't you check out a CP?

rockin26

You just know for certain that whatever they slug us it'll be triple the US rate and you'll want to cry. I'm with Sal go the CP route and save some $$

Mich told me the glosses will be $42, meh!!

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin26
You just know for certain that whatever they slug us it'll be triple the US rate

Now that's a bit of exaggeration Robyn
greengrin.gif

indybrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyenchantin
Too true hahaha. If no one in THIS subforum knows the AU prices, I doubt anyone in the regular "Style Black Discussion" thread knows them. Generally AU prices would be posted in one of the threads in the AU subforum.. that kind of makes logical sense, right?

That was my thinking exactly. I thought if I was asking Australia specific questions I should has them in the Australia specific forum.

indybrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLongLashesx
^^ Ha ha yeah!

I just subscribe to the double whatever they're charging in the US technique then bung on an extra couple of bucks.

Indy, why don't you check out a CP?

I felt weird doing a CP when I haven't been here very long. However, I have a (non Mac) friend in the States who is going to order for me. I was just trying to decide if I should get the VAE and VATM in it and have the extra shipping or to shell out the extra $ and get it here.

Pinupsundae

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybrat
I felt weird doing a CP when I haven't been here very long. However, I have a (non Mac) friend in the States who is going to order for me. I was just trying to decide if I should get the VAE and VATM in it and have the extra shipping or to shell out the extra $ and get it here.

I would shell out for the shipping. It's almost certain to work out cheaper than those two here despite the added weight, especially if you're not shipping super-express or anything.
winks.gif

xLongLashesx

Make sure you use one of their promo codes for free shipping to your friends place, I think there's one right now.