such an off topic question..but maybe you guys can help :-D

singinmys0ng

Okay all my life I have suffered from allergies. And its weird b/c I only start to wheez,cough and all that stuff when I get around my horses..which really sucks because i love being aorund them! Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone has ever had that surgery for alleriges or knows of any meds besides clartin,allergera and benydryl b/c those just don't seem to work :-/

AlliSwan

I had my tonsils and adenoids taken out when I was 20 because of allergies and getting strep about 4 times a year for weeks at a time. It made a difference in my strep count and it definitely cleared me up a bit, but the allergies didn't change one bit. After trying nosespray (prescription and OTC), pills (pres & OTC), herbs, even accupressure, I'm going to go in for weekly shots. A good friend of my mom's went in for testing and they test you lightly for a couple hundred different common allergens, then mix up a special antidote cocktail for you. You get the shots once a week, then twice a month, then once a month, etc, until your body no longer needs the shots and can defend itself. Sounds like your best bet as well.

mspixieears

yep, those allergy injections - they desensitise you - are really good. Got it for hayfever and was very successful, but also got it for dust mites and didn't work so well.

nphernetton

My new roommate has TERRIBLE allergies, as do I, the only thing that helps him is this stuff called Tavist...or Travist...I'll be trying it out soon. Feel well!

Latest posts