such perfect lines

Julia Vanhorn

LDLbluegreeneye.jpg

I have found this pic from another forum. I been starring at this pic for too long lol. I was wondering how do they create the lines between the different shades. My only guess with this is something like a straight-edge such as a side of a paper. Do Make-up Artist actually do that, or are they that talented and can do it free-handed?
Just my question of the day...

user3

Besides the pic being Photoshopped a way to get edges like that is to use wet q-tips. The ones with the pointy ends would work great for that look. You would just go back and clean up the look.
For the straight lines I would use a index card.
For application a small concealer brush would work great!

aziajs

I've seen people do some amzing things free-hand but I think here using an index card would be a great idea.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa
Besides the pic being Photoshopped a way to get edges like that is to use wet q-tips. The ones with the pointy ends would work great for that look. You would just go back and clean up the look.
For the straight lines I would use a index card.
For application a small concealer brush would work great!

LOL! That reminds me of one of the exercises we were set on the M·A·C makeup course I did. We were asked to do a solid black circle or square around the eye using carbon eye shadow.

After we'd all done our best to get the edges neat the tutor dig a very quick rough fill and then went round the edge with a q-tip soaked in eye makeup remover - much easier!