sucked into the hype??

abbyquack

I definitely bought Bad Fairy for the hype and learned quickly that it didn't appeal to me in the slightest...luckily I was able to sell it. Same with Marine Life- ended up selling mine because it didn't look that great on me anyways. But, I do like Stereo Rose, Instant Chic and Bite of an Apple! They have been good purchases :)

Paint&Ink Chick

I try not to buy on Hype, since I have kids. But rather than what I need or will use, I did get Stereo Rose & Bite of an Apple, but after I got to try it out to see how it looks on me. If all fails I can alway us it on the little one for dance rectials or other people when I do their make-up.

geeko

Stereo Rose - Over hyped for me.

There are other blushers which win stereo rose msf hands down for me like Hipness and instant chic blush

DILLIGAF

I don't know about the hype but my biggest regret this year was purchasing the Palace Pedigree quad from the Fabulous Felines collection. It was a moment of weakness and it really chaps my ass that I couldn't find the reciept to return it.

ItsMelissaP

ha, I've gotten a bit sucked into MAC this year, too. :) I bought some colors that I ended up hating because someone at the MAC counter suggested them. They're just not ME at all.

Modmom

What I'm finding more and more is that the more hyped up a product gets, the more I stay away from it because I don't feel it will live up to my expectations LOL. I usually end up buying (and loving) the one product in the collection that no one is talking about. But I love it all the more because I chose it only based on my personal swatch.

Caderas

I usually wait until there's at least a few swatches of hyped products on here to justify any pieces I already own just like them! Most of the time, I end up getting turned off by the hyped swatches, haha.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I've have MAC purchases that I regret, but I didn't buy them because they were hyped, I bought them because I was going through a "must have everything!". I'm well over that now, so I only buy what I like. I've skipped several collections entirely, or gotten only two or three things from others, which for me, is great.

geeko

I agree with u internetchick. I have either have to use a warm toned lipliner below gaga lipstick or layer it with a warm toned gloss. I cannot wear gaga lipstick alone by itself. I look WEIRD. This lipstick is definitely over raved...at least for me

reesesilverstar

I would say Gaga too. But with a warm brown pencil, it's one of my favorite pinks. That and OPI My Private Jet. The version I got was an ugly grey with some silver sparkles.

mmarlbo

I try not to buy into the hype. Instead I'll make the effort to physically go to a store and swatch/try things that I think will actually look good on me.

It is fun sometimes getting excited by the hype, however, hehe.

Karen_B

I have probably given in to some hypes, but in general I am very happy with what I buy. What is kind of sad is how stuff still sits unused in my cupboard - not because I don't like it, but because I have so much that I can't possibly use it all. That is something that bugs me a little bit about all these LE collections and how we (or at least I) react to them. There is always something that I really fall in love with and absolutely must have. So I buy it, and I still love it, and I use it a few times. But then the next collection comes along, and there is something else I fall in love with, and absolutely must have, and so I buy it, and the things from the previous collections are forgotten... and the cycle continues like this.