suggestions for 16th b-day present

saraa_b

Hi!

My best friend is turning 16 in November... I know it's a while away but I want to get her something really really special
smiles.gif
I'm getting a box with a lock and key to put all the stuff in.. .but I'm wondering... she's somewhat pale with pink undertones (I'm not sure of her foundation #) but yea, any suggestions.... money is not an issue since this is her sweet sixteen and I've known her since we were babies!

Thanks!

th_sign_woot.gif

caRpediEm17

so your wanting to get her make up then?

im not good with recommending make up! but i have a different recommendation though! i think it would be cool to make her a photo album of the two of you! kind of like a scrapbook...

do some of the scrapbooking yourself and then as the years go on and more memories are made, you can continue the book together...i juSs did that for my friend and she loved it! we dont get to spend too much time together, but when one of us finds a picture of us together its so nice to spend that quality time remembering those good times...

sooo i dono its juSs an idea! but whatever the gift is! im sure your friend will love it! cuz its coming from you!

YvetteJeannine

^ That a really great idea! That is something SO special that she will cherish for the rest of her life!

If you still want to get her makeup though, I have these suggestions:

If you go for any foundations/concealer, I'd go w/ either Becca, or MAC (Becca's line of foundations is renown for having a color for virtually every skintone)..If you look at the Becca line, I'd recc. a product in Light-to-Fair w/ Pink Tones (since you said your friend is pale w/ pink undertones..same as me!).

If you go w/ MAC foundation, I'd recc. something along the lines of NW15-NW20 (I use NW20, and it works very well). On the MAC website (under their Face Products page) they have a "directory" which explains how to use their color system...and how to pick the correct product for your skintone.

Another great idea would be getting her a MAC four e/s palette. You could go to a PRO store (or call and order) and get the pan e/s for a few dollars cheaper (which gives you the added benefit of not having to de-pot the eyeshadows), and fill the palette for her. Personally, I'd be thrilled if my friend got something like that for me!

Another idea are the Patternmaker brush sets that are out now at Nordstrom; you can't go wrong w/ a gift like that!!!!

Also, look on Sephora..there are MANY great gift sets, and handy palettes to choose from. I think Tarte makes some good ones!

Those are only but a FEW ideas I have!! I could probably go on for a few more pages. I can promise you, though; anything you get your friend (especially if it's makeup
graucho.gif
) I'm sure she will LOVE!

What a nice friend you are...you guys are lucky to have each other!! I wish I had a friend I grew up with!

Good Luck!
smiles.gif

saraa_b

caRpediEm17: thanks! That sounds like a great idea... I have ton of pictures of us and it would be fun
smiles.gif

YvetteJeannine: I think I'm going to get her a Patternmaker brush set & a four e/s palette... She's been wanting a brush set
smiles.gif
Thanks for the suggestions!! Such detail! haha I use NW20 SPF15 foundation... I LOVE IT

alurabella

If money is no object... get her the 187 brush! It's PHENOMENAL!
smiles.gif
And stuff from patternmaker would be awesome, too, since they are pallettes.

MAC BABY

Well since money is NOT an option get her some shadows to start a collection with. Since she is a little pale I suggest pink venus, stars n rockets, slip pink, shimmermoss, bitter, humid, and maybe parfait amor. I don't really know how she looks in person but with pale skin it's nothing that foundation can't help and colors that arent TOO bright but bright enough for her skin will make her personality of her face look more FUN. =]

mspiggy

Maybe some eyeshadow palettes? Like those from MAC (Patternmarker etc) if you can still find any.

lvgz

do you have a picture of your friend?
brown eyes look great with greens such as humid, swimming, sumptuous olive for a toned down green brown, purples like nocturnelle, and browns with gold tones in them.
i find that teal looks good on green eyes
and honestly blue eyes look good in everything, i esp. like them with brown colors just to make them pop

oh and for pale skin, i think Porcelain Pink msf from the amuse collection will look great!