suggestions for bad smelling 187 brush?

arbonnechick

Is this normal??? :confused:

I used it, then washed it with my MAC brush cleaner / water, set it out to dry, and now a few hours later, it smells really odd.

Anybody else experience this?
th_confused_new.gif

depecher

Yes. My 187 smells weird after I wash it. My Kabuki brush does too. I don't care though because both brushes are worth a little bit of stink when wet. Don't worry about it.
smiles.gif

arbonnechick

Quote:
Originally Posted by depecher
Yes. My 187 smells weird after I wash it. My Kabuki brush does too. I don't care though because both brushes are worth a little bit of stink when wet. Don't worry about it.
smiles.gif

rofl.gif
Well, I do happen to agree! A little stink isn't gonna make me give up my preciousssssss......
th_kiss.gif

user3

Mine does too. Actually most of my bigger brushes have a funny smell to them. Usually once they dry the smell is not as noticable.
It's the type of hair that they use. I mean after all it is mostly goat hair.
whistle.gif

afterglow

Yeah, my kabuki smells funky after I wash it too. At first it bothered me, but now.. meh. It's worth it!

KJam

I use lavendar scented baby bath - mine always smell so good - you should switch!

beautenoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJam
I use lavendar scented baby bath - mine always smell so good - you should switch!

that's such a great idea!

arbonnechick

Quote:

It's worth a try! 8)

I must've been having a blonde moment when I posted the original post...I totally forgot about the brush being goat hair. I shouldn't have expected it to smell like roses. :roll:

user2

LOL I noticed that too yesterday when I swirled my still wet 187 over my face!
Eww I allowed a wet goat to rub my face!
greengrin.gif
rofl.gif

allan_willb

Quote:

thanks for the tip...i have to try this

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim
greengrin.gif
rofl.gif

That is so frickin hilarious! I will forever think of that when I use my brushes!
smiles.gif

As a lot of people mentioned, the fur itself has a bit of an odor. Sometimes it is the dye and eventually subsides a bit. There is also the possiblility of mildew. When you wash your brushes with a lot of water, make sure to really squeeze out the water, reshape them and lay them flat to dry with the fur part off of edge of the counter or sink. That allows air to get to the brush. Trust me, a mildewy brush is a mistake you will make only once. It smells like hell.

mrstucker

Lol

All I kept thinking of when I read this post is....my dog absolutely REEKS when I wash her! And, since these brushes are made from animal, and not human hair (wouldn't that be something!), well, it's not so weird that they would stink, too.

Does anyone else here use baby wash regularly? I've only used MAC brush cleanser, because I'm so terrified of ruining my brushes (they're way too expensive to replace). I'm worried that baby wash might be harmful? Is there some magic in the MAC cleanser that makes it milder than baby stuff?

user3

Quote:
greengrin.gif
rofl.gif

LOL ewe! I try not to think about it.
Sadly, I had two goats growing up and it makes me wonder how much money I could have saved if only I would have shaved them
tong.gif

yeahwrite

I use the brush cleaner on mine for day to day cleaning when switching colors, etc, but I was them in baby wash about once a week or so. I've had no problems with any of them losing condition, shedding etc. from the baby wash.

user4

Quote:
greengrin.gif
rofl.gif

and the thought of rubbing a dry goat is sooo much better right??? lmao

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxychika1014

Too funny!!! Hey, we can start a new trend. I will ask my cat if I can borrow his tail to apply my blush. Just wait, it will show up in Allure soon.
smiles.gif

user2

*runs off to the pet shop and buys three chinchillas, a rabbit and two goats*

So now I need no more brushes!
greengrin.gif

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxychika1014

OK so now I am totally turned off by 187
dry.gif

Dry or wet goat it's still goat.
I didn't really think about it before but know I have this strange image rubbing a whole goat on my face.
slap_.gif

Latest posts