Suggestions for lipstick shopping?

LinzBelle

It's B2Mac time again and this time I'm turning in a whopping 36 pots. But I'm clueless as to what lipsticks to get. I'm always nervous they'll turn out yucky on me. I'm a big Lip laquer and lip gloss gal (i could just eat the lip gelees!) I've already have Russian Red, Girl About Town, Tanarama, and Hug Me. I look good in dark burgendy wines, and pale browns and some pinks. Any suggestions? I'm always looking for "that perfect red" shade. Russian Red seems a bit too bright for me. The tone of blue in it is nice though, just something a bit darker but still " 50's pin-up like."

ohhhhhthehorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinzBelle
It's B2Mac time again and this time I'm turning in a whopping 36 pots. But I'm clueless as to what lipsticks to get. I'm always nervous they'll turn out yucky on me. I'm a big Lip laquer and lip gloss gal (i could just eat the lip gelees!) I've already have Russian Red, Girl About Town, Tanarama, and Hug Me. I look good in dark burgendy wines, and pale browns and some pinks. Any suggestions? I'm always looking for "that perfect red" shade. Russian Red seems a bit too bright for me. The tone of blue in it is nice though, just something a bit darker but still " 50's pin-up like."

Some other Reds to check out are Ruby Woo, VGI and MAC Red.
Some of my fave lipsticks are Pink Packed, Bombshell, Pink Nouveau and Pink Maribu if they still have it from a collection this summer.

AudreyNicole

WOW! 36 pots! I don't have any red lippies, and usually go for lighter colors so I probably won't be much help. I agree with Bombshell - it is a pretty "Barbie" pink, not too bright though. Some of my other favorites are:
Pink Maribu
Hue (light pink)
Gel (Golden beige)
Plink! (Midtone pink)
Sandy B (Pinky Coral Frost)
Pink Cabana (if you can still find it - LE)

I have heard great things about Dubonnet too. And then there is Ladybug for a sheer red. When I asked about red lippies the other day, alot of girls recommended "O" so I want to check that one out too
smiles.gif
Let us know what you end up with!

liquidsirenhoney

reds look horrid on me either orange or fuschia, i really like rockocco, but it is very bright.
i love
pink maribu
jest
primped up
but like you i tend to stick with glosses and gelees

kimmy

Rockocco l/s is really gorgeous! it's bright but not as bright as Russian Red, and it's got similar blue tones to it
smiles.gif

LinzBelle

I ended up getting:
Plumful
Bombshell
Hue
Giddy

I like hue because it tones down my natural lip color (reddish) so my sheep lippies show truer color.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinzBelle
I ended up getting:
Plumful
Bombshell
Hue
Giddy

I like hue because it tones down my natural lip color (reddish) so my sheep lippies show truer color.

GREAT choices! I love Hue - I am on my third tube!!
smiles.gif
Bombshell is great too!

bellaetoile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhhhhthehorror
VGI

you cannot B2M for any of the Viva Glam lipstick range.

my personal tendency is to hoard my B2M empties until the new collections come out, because i like being able to get the limited edition lipsticks. as i remember, some of the new fall lines have some gorgeous sounding lipsticks, so you might want to wait and see what colors are released. if you go to the counter and are disappointed in the shades, you can always just get some of the permanent ones you were considering in the first place.

Latest posts