suggestions to even me out?

carol

Since it's getting to be summer, my face is exposed to a bit of sun these days. I usually wear moisturizer with SPF 15, but that doesn't completely prevent tanning (is there anything that will prevent tanning to any degree besides camping out in the shade all day?).

As a result, my face is noticably about a shade (or maybe more) darker than my neck, etc. Is there anything I can do to help even the two out? I'm hesitant to wear a lighter powder than I need because I think that might look odd. And I don't really want to have to apply a lot of product to my neck, etc.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Janice

Try a powder bronzer
smiles.gif
should do the trick.
thmbup.gif

(MAC refined golden is my personal fav)

BlahWah

I've been thinking about the same thing and just bought one of the bronzers-in-a-can in Deep Dark. I haven't gotten a chance to use it yet but I can't wait!

carol

Thanks for the suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Try a powder bronzer
smiles.gif
should do the trick.
thmbup.gif

(MAC refined golden is my personal fav)

So would I be putting the bronzer on my neck to bring the coloring closer to what my face is?

Janice

You can use it on your neck sure! I usually blend the "edges" of my face. In a 3 type motion, temples then down along the side of the face (onto the cheekbones if you want) and then blend the jawline. When I'm darker during the summer this is usually enough for me not to have to go out and buy a different foundation.

When Face and Body Bronze FX came out with the last collection I picked up some of that and have been mixing it with my foundation to get a nice color match. I will apply and blend this combination down my neck too.

XxTinker_BellxX

Sunblock is used to block the uv rays with will lead to no tan... or very little. Maybe after you find out a way to even out you can use that instead of a regular spf based lotion? HTH
smiles.gif

carol

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTinker_BellxX
Sunblock is used to block the uv rays with will lead to no tan... or very little. Maybe after you find out a way to even out you can use that instead of a regular spf based lotion? HTH
smiles.gif

Thanks! I've actually started adding SPF 55 sunblock on top of the moisturizer. I've heard that 55 isn't necessarily better than something like 35, but they were all the same price anyway, so I figured why not just get the highest.
smiles.gif