summer facial cleansers for OILY skin?

rosegasm

i live in nyc, and it is always crazy humid in the summer. my skin gets greasy and oily pretty quickly----to the point where i don't bother with moisturizer or sunblock (occasionally spf in foundation). my solution is to use milk of magnesia as a primer, and it works.

thing is, i'm looking for a cleanser that will make me feel totally refreshed and clean in the morning. in the winter i use the clarins gentle foaming cleanser for normal/combo skin, and it works beautifully. but i found that now, it makes me oily pretty quickly. my other alternative is neutrogena acne cleanser (the original orangey one). however, i feel this is a tad TOO harsh on my skin, making my face produce more oil (especially on the nose).

and to top it all off, i'm turning 23 and still getting breakouts like a madwoman.
ssad.gif
bad enough i get bad monthly ones... but now since i'm sweating more, i'm also breaking out more.

suggestions for oily and sensitive acne-prone skin?

i know this is long, but if you can help, that would be great! TIA!

LC

when i was living in the east coast, my skin was super oily, especially in the summer. the only cleanser i ever found that worked with helping stop the oil was Clarins Gentle Foaming Face wash , for oily skin. it's in a green tube

Dreamingeagle24

I have always had oily skin and I finally found something that works. DHC Pure Soap cuts through the oil. It is really good and lasts a long time too. No irritation or breakouts form it either. It seems to have helped balance out my skin because i have found i don't have to touch up as much as i used to.

imthebeesknees

The Body Shop has an amazing Tea Trea oil line of cleansers and moisturizers that I LOVE.

I get ruuul oily skin in the summer and i love using their face wash and moisturizers.
smiles.gif

rosegasm

thanks all! i recently bought the boscia kit for normal/oily skin and shiseido's oil control 3 step kit. will see how it goes!

if neither work, i'll look for the clarins cleanser. i already like the normal/combo one so the oily one might work just as well. thanks! =)

PlatinumV

Biotherm has a complete line for oily and acne (or post-acne) skin. It is called Biopur and it has everything, from cleanser to moisturiser. So, have a look at their site
winks.gif

Temptasia

Cetaphil Cleanser for Oily Skin

I found pure jojoba oil to be a balancing oil...so instead of a toner, I just apply a drop or two to "condition" my skin after cleansing and my skin gets tricked into thinking I've got enough oil, so it doesn't produce as much. It naturally has anti-bacterial properties and may help you with the acne.

Instead of harsh cleansers, I suggest a weekly skin exfoliation routine...like the aspirin mask.

Neutrogena's Visibly Clear 2 in 1 cleansing mask with the white clay is a great treatment mask for breakouts and oily skin.

ps: you are so lucky to live in nyc!
smiles.gif

rosegasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisje
Foregoing moisturizer and primer makes my skin oilier long-term!

shockt.gif
eeeek! *grabs every moisturizer at sephora*

rosegasm

@temptasia

i used the neutrogena clear pore cleanser/mask a few years ago and it burned the heck out of my cheeks and left them red and flaky.
ssad.gif
i'm pretty much turned off from using any of their "stronger" acne items.

i tried the honey/aspirin mask a few times, but it doesnt do much for my acne. i add in some brown sugar (and more honey if necessary) to do a weekly exfoliant. it works well!
smiles.gif

interesting bit about jojoba oil. my friend made me a batch of the oil cleanser (jojoba, olive, and some tea tree i think) and it worked okay, but i didn't like steaming my face before wiping it off.. time consuming and i'm lazy. :p my friend swears by it though so i guess it is a good way to cleanse and moisturize lol

ive never tried the cetaphil for oily skin, but i know for the normal skin one (clear formula), it doesnt get rid of my makeup... plus it smells weird and dries my cheeks. and the original milkyish formula doesnt remove a thing from my face lol.

thanks for the help!!!

the boscia kit im using (price is steep---45$ for like 5 travel-size items), is working pretty well. my skin is clearing up a little and it's less oily (either that or it's because ive been wearing less makeup :X). hopefully this is not one of those kits that stops working if you stop using it.
ssad.gif