• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

summer look with blue peep, golden olive and golden lemon

perpetuallycute

Ok - so this is an old tutorial I posted on LJ a long while ago. Its not that great, and I could probably do better if I stopped being so darned lazy!
But I thought I'd post it here because its a really simple look that is easy to replicate.

here we go!

LOTS OF PICTURES (duh)
Supplies (things are dirty because I took this pic last!)
tutorial0264ru.jpg

DISCLAMER!!! Apparently golden lemon isn't eye safe (for most of us)- so use at your own risk!

(later that day)...Since some of my supplies aren't eyesafe, I redid the look with Shu Umeura Papaya and Gorgeous Gold and used Brassy Fluidline (just for the heck of it) as a base - everything else is exactly the same! see:
picture0133hf.jpg

eyes:
sweet sage fluidline
blue peep fluidline
golden lemon pigment
golden olive pigment
pollen e/s
maybelline lash expansion mascara black
cheapo concealer brush
#212 - flat definer - liner brush
#213 - small fluff, I used several brushes like these too

face:
smashbox photo finish primer
maybelline dream matte mousse
mineralize skin finish in so ceylon
bare escentuals flawless foundation brush
#180 - small buffer

lips:
whirl lip liner
B&BW Tutti Dolci Cinnamon Frosting Gloss

Lets start out with a blank scary canvas. You did remember to clean and moisturize, right?!
tutorial0078ky.jpg

Now lets put on our Sweet Sage fluidline as a base. I like to use this cheap l'oreal brush - that might actually be a concealor brush!
tutorial0037bb.jpg

then we should look like this:
tutorial0047ib.jpg

Now we slap on some Golden Lemon Pigment with a small fluff brush (I think I used the 213). Then apply some Golden Olive Pigment to the outer corner and crease
tutorial0022ze.jpg

Don't forget to line the lower lashline with some Golden Olive!
tutorial0096aa.jpg

Now for the lovely Blue Peep Fluidline!

Hmmm...that looks like enough!
tutorial0104qn.jpg

okiepokies:
tutorial0128xh.jpg

Now - I'm a klutz like nobodies business! Whenever I'm using pigments, I seem to go retarded and get it EVERYWHERE! So I like to use those little facial wipes to get the excess off!

Now for the foundation! Today I'm using Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse (the second lightest one) So I dot it on my face, and blend & buff with my trusty 180 brush!
tutorial0159xt.jpg

Thats better!
tutorial0164ty.jpg

AAAAAHHHH! CRAP! We forgot to highlight the brow bone!
No worries! (just as long as it isn't a messy pigment!) So I grab another small fluff brush and lightly apply Pollen e/s
tutorial0177ov.jpg

Now we brush on a bit of the Mineralize Skin Finish in So Ceylon - just so I don't look like a dead person!***
tutorial0189ru.jpg

A little Whirl lip liner...
tutorial0190xg.jpg

A smidge of Bath & Body Works Tutti Dolci Cinnamon Frosting gloss! (do not eat)
tutorial0205vs.jpg

And for some reason, I always like to put on mascara at the very end soo...
tutorial0211dj.jpg

and I think, chickies, that we are done!
http://img197.imageshack.us/my.php?i...rial0225uy.jpg

***I used that brush pre-187. Seriously, pick up a 187!!!

Karlie

i do my make up in that order
greengrin.gif
and then i always manage to get mascara on my eye and fuck up my e/s

Sushi_Flower

Looks lovely.

I found it strange though to see you putting on foundation after doing your eyes as i always do my base first and thought everyone did but it still looks great and you don't need much base anyway!

perpetuallycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
Looks lovely.

I found it strange though to see you putting on foundation after doing your eyes as i always do my base first and thought everyone did but it still looks great and you don't need much base anyway!

well - like I said, I'm messy!
I got the idea from going to one of those mac pro events - they suggested doing it that way in case you got some shadow/pigment on your cheeks - or if you just plain didn't like the direction the look was going in!

I used to do it the other way around - but this way is just so much easier for me!

sassy*girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by perpetuallycute
I got the idea from going to one of those mac pro events - they suggested doing it that way in case you got some shadow/pigment on your cheeks - or if you just plain didn't like the direction the look was going in!

I used to do it the other way around - but this way is just so much easier for me!

Yeah, when I got my makeup done at MAC before, they did my eyes first before the base. I think it helps especially when you use dark colours
smiles.gif

Sanne

it's gorgeous!!! thanks for this tutorial, and thanks for showing me a way to use both sweet sage and golden olive
greengrin.gif

User20

So pretty - must try it! For some reason, in one pic there you reminded me of Gemma Ward.

ilovedisneyland

how do u put foundation last? i dont think i could do that, even though i can see how it would be better.

i love this look btw :]

Latest posts