summer makeup tips

LoveMU

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if you guys can post your summer makeup tips and product recommendations for hot, humid summers. I have super oily skin so summer is so tough for me. I have dark circles and I have a little bit of acne scars (red scars, no indents), so I still want a little bit of coverage that looks natural. I also am really interested in a black eyeliner that will last in the summer heat.

Thank you in advance!

fuzz

Well i normally mix my mosturizer with my studio fix fluid for good and natural look. I use one pump of foundation and a dime size or abit more of mosturizer.I stipple the foundation on some areas that have scars.I use macs blot powder around my tzones to control the oil n shine.

I love this look and it donsnt feel too much for the summer.As for eye shadow its all on my mood.Sometimes pastel looks and sometimes smokey or bold.

Hope that helps.

fuzz

Ohh bout the liner i use any random black eye liner for my eyes.I dont have a problem with it running but if ur liner smears or rubs off or melts then try to apply black eye shadow over it to make it stay put.

Skin*Deep

mufe aqua eyes are great smudge proof liners....come in tons of colors, including black! they are my "lake day" liners.

leenybeeny

I am loving MUFE's concealer. It really covers well and is so long lasting.
For foundation, I have been using MAC's mineralize loose. It gives really nice light coverage, but still does the job. I don't feel cakey and it doesn't slide off in the heat.

BeautyizPain

I used MUFE full cover on any spots then i buff Mineralized Natural Powder over my whole face...as for liner..hmmm i havent tried it yet for the summer but i do know for a fact that Revlon's Colorstay Liquid Liner does not budge until you literally use makeup remover over it so i'll be using that...HTH
smiles.gif

Dreamergirl3

-I love Blacktrack fluidline, esp for summertime. It's never gone runny or flaky on my eyes. Though I prefer Dipdown as it looks more natural.

-After you apply your foundation, let it sit on the skin for about 10 minutes if you have the time (do this BEFORE you set with powder). After the time has passed, take an oil blotting sheet/tissue paper and blot all over. THEN set with powder.

-Revlon ColorStay for Oily/Combo skin is a great foundation ESPECIALLY for the summer! Plus it makes a great tinted moisturizer when you want less coverage. A bonus is that it lasts longer than ready-made tinted moisturizers.

yupitzTara

I have oily skin too. I use studio fix powder foundation & Mac's blot powder (to help control my oily skin). I also use studio finish concealer to cover my blemishes. It hides it really well. for eyeliner try urban decay 24/7 eyeliner or the MUFE eyeliner. I hope that helped...

kittykit

I don't use liquid foundation in summer because it makes my face oily. I like MUFE HD Microfinish powder, MUFE Full Cover concealer, MUFE Aqua Eyes liners, Too Faced Beach Bunny and MAC Blot Powder Pressed (I use this one all year round!).

anita22

I have very oily skin, but I like to keep my makeup very light and fresh in hot weather (I hate feeling powdered up when it's hot, somehow it feels unnatural to me). Just a little bit of coverage and a pop of sheer colour. Here's my favourite products for summer:

- Matte tinted moisturiser (Clinique Sheer Matte Tint is the best!! Not greasy at all and has SPF)
- Clean & Clear oil blotting sheets
- Blot powder (applied very sheerly)
- Select Cover Up concealer (more lightweight than Studio Finish / Studio Sculpt, but still has good staying power in heat)
- Blacktrack Fluidline eyeliner... doesn't budge. Ever.
- Paintpots used alone or as a base. Bare Study, Rubenesque and Indianwood are lovely natural/summer colours. Easy to apply & they stay put.
- Bronzer
- Blush in warm, bright colours (e.g. Peaches, Fleur Power, Pink Swoon)
- Sheer peach/pink lipglosses for a natural look, e.g. Wonderstruck & Love Nectar lustreglasses

LaVixxen

I tried it out yesterday since it was super hot here. I tried Revlon colorstay foundation with MAC blot powder and MUFE aqua eyes liner in black. It pretty much lasted all day and didnt melt on me. I have super oily skin with dark circles and acne scars.

LoveMU

Thank you so much for your responses! I think I am gunna get the MUFE black eyeliner, cuz the one I am using now (LORAC black) looked like it melted on me a little yesterday. It usually works fine when it's colder, but of course, the oiliness melts it all away in the summer. I love using eyeliner for my waterline too, so i hope it will last for that too!

Hmmm, I don't know about the foundation, i will make a decision when I go shopping. I just hate when everything gets melty and cakey and ugly in the summer bla, and I have the worst oily skin.