Sumptuous Olive Ideas

Palzonia

Hey girls,

I just bought Sumptuous Olive from MAC... I've had shades of olive/green before but they've never really worked on me (i'm an NC44, brown eyes) so was skeptical but it was just one of those buys... you know... you see the colour... you love it sitting right there and you have to get it ....

But now I LOVE IT !!!

Here's what I normally do with it...

Sumptuous Olive on the lid
Any light shimmering brown blended in a bit on top of the olive (not too much just to tone down the green a BIT)
Sketch in the crease
Carbon to darken the crease/outer V
Thin Line of Revlon Liner, MAC Technokohl Pencil (my absolute fave!!) in Graph black and Maybelline False Lash Effect Mascara

I'd love to hear how and what you guys use Sumptuous Olive with...!! day adn night time looks

User49

I love it too. Here are my fave combinations:

Sumptous olive all over lid, Tarnish Pencil smudged with 219 brush around top and bottom lashline and in waterline, shroom to highlight and greensmoke in crease.

Sumptous olive mixed with either satin taupe or patina and black liquid eyeliner.

Blackground paint as base, sumptous olive on lid, vanilla pigment in middle of lid,smokey smolder pencil around lashline.

Goldin olive pigment + sumptous olive all over lid, carbon in crease of eye.

smiles.gif

Karen_B

Vex on lid, SO in crease + highlighter, liner and the rest
SO on lid, Knight divine in crease.

minni4bebe

I used to do this look almost everytime I went out.

Sweet Sage fluidline as a base
Sumptious on top
Femme Nior in crease
Nylon on tearduct and highlight
& line lower lid with Sweet Sage

Gorgeous!

Karen_B

I found this really nice FOTD on Puritys blog:

Purity - Humid Deep shade Henna

This is done with Henna from BBR, but Henna is so similar to SO you could easily substitute it IMO. You could also sub Deep Shade for Contrast if I'm not mistaken.

Edit to add: This blog is in Swedish, but as far as I understand it she put Henna (SO) on lid, Humid in crease with Deep Shade over it and Femme-fi to highlight.

chiara

I have sumptuous olive too but I actually don't use it much. I usually wear it on the lid with greensmoke on the lids, so this thread is full of ideas, thank you!

Destiny007

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtomac85
I like sumptuous olive on the lid with humid in the crease and outer v

That sounds really pretty. Will have to try it!

pnuttbuttajelli

i LOVE sumptuous olive, but i rarely wear it because im scared of it looking like a hot mess on my face.

my favorite combo that i have dont with it was:
sumptuous olive on the inner lid to the middle
humid on the middle to the outer corner of the lid
amber lights in the middle of SO and humid (like a golden highlight)
embark on the outer corner up to the crease
woodwinked as a highlight.

im sure ive worn it with purple, but i dont remember how.
so yeah.
hope that helps :)

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_B
I found this really nice FOTD on Puritys blog:

Purity - Humid Deep shade Henna

This is done with Henna from BBR, but Henna is so similar to SO you could easily substitute it IMO. You could also sub Deep Shade for Contrast if I'm not mistaken.

Edit to add: This blog is in Swedish, but as far as I understand it she put Henna (SO) on lid, Humid in crease with Deep Shade over it and Femme-fi to highlight.

Her FOTD thread with this look in it is here http://www.specktra.net/forum/f166/y...-heavy-138661/ ....I'm sure she'd be happy to tell you exactly what she did, and where she put everything, if you ask her to.
greengrin.gif

SpringDancer

You were given some wonderful ideas.
A few more:
All That Glitters on the lid & SO in the crease
Vex on the lid + SO in the crease + Fiction/Greensmoke (outer C) + Vanilla (highlight)
SO on the lid + Fiction/Greensmoke (outer C & lower lashline) + Humid (a dab at the middle of the crease) + Vanilla pigment (highlight)
Expensive Pink + SO
Expensive Pink (inner 2/3 of lid) + SO (outer 1/3 & crease) + Humid (deepen crease) + Olive green pencil & Humid on the lower lashline + Black liner on the upper lashline
Pink Venus + SO
Star Violet + SO
SO + Club + Brown liner
SO + Sable
SO + Shale
SO + Woodwinked

Sumptuous Olive on lid
Go or Bronze in the crease
Handwritten in outer v
Shroom to highlight

Retrospeck on lid
Sumptous Olive in crease
Humid in outer v
Nylon to highlight

Shroom on lid
Sumptuous Olive in crease
Vanilla to highlight

Palzonia

Girls !! Thank you so much... have been randomly trying out all your suggestions and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them
greengrin.gif

Green's a color i'm a little afraid to experiment with and so try toning it down with brow, but these ideas look really cool
greengrin.gif

my only disappointment.... apparently Sweet sage has been discontinued :O

Satin Taupe makes my skin look a little ashy so have to put either sketch or woodwinked on it as a brush on ...any one else have that problem?

Palzonia

also, if you had to choose a highlighter between Rice Paper and Nylon, which would you choose (NC44 or nearabouts)

i know i seem 'mac only' obsessed
ssad.gif
... i did use to love sephora but can't get it here plus MAC seems the only one which lets me combine colors for day and night looks...

Caramel_QT

This thread really comes in handy. I've had SO for a while now and rarely use it, until today. I am wearing with goldmine and I LOVE the look! All of the above ideas are making me even more excited to try it out in other ways!