Sundressing Beauty Powder shell OR sunsparked pearl

wannabelyn

what does everyone think about the beauty powder from the sundressing collection?

up to your expectations. i ordered shell pearl and it's on its way to me. i kind of regret because i think sunsparked would've looked nicer on my skin. i'm NC25.

let me know your thoughts on the new beauty powder.

lindsay

when i went to my counter the other day i was planning on getting both, however i only wound up getting shell. the other was way too light and it wouldn't have shown up to be much more than a faint shimmer (i'm an nw25). if that's the look you're going for, then it is definitely gorgeous, however if you're looking for more color then shell is the way to go IMO!

BlahWah

I'm NC35 and I got Shell. It's nice, but I can't use it all over b/c it makes me too pinky (I'm Asian). I like using it over Sunbasque, tho, or actually over In Living Pink e/s on the cheeks (strange, I know, but I don't have anything peachy yet!). I'm hoping to get Sunsparked but if it really is only good as a highlighter as some have said, I may holdout b/c I like using Goldenaire anyway (tho it's pinker than Sunsparked, but not as pink as Shell). HTH!

samila18

I have Shell, the MA said it would look beautiful on me.. I don't see TOO much color, but there is some and it does create a beautiful glow.. I use the 187 with it and it's just perfect.. I wouldn't leave the house without it again now
smiles.gif

JLEEMARKOWITZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by samila18
I have Shell, the MA said it would look beautiful on me.. I don't see TOO much color, but there is some and it does create a beautiful glow.. I use the 187 with it and it's just perfect.. I wouldn't leave the house without it again now
smiles.gif

do you use it all over or just certain areas?

wannabelyn

oh so shell actually has more colour than sunsparked? i always thought it was the other way around cos in the pictures sunsparked looked so much more pigmented than shell.

in this link http://www.cosmoty.de/news/671/
shell is the beautypowder on the left yeah?

BlahWah

Hmm, I can see you'd think that with how they've listed it...to go w/ the descriptions I'd say Shell is on the right, the peachier one, as Sunsparked is supposed to be a bright beige w/ gold pearl. That also corresponds w/ the swatches on the MAC site (for once they're useful!).

wannabelyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Hmm, I can see you'd think that with how they've listed it...to go w/ the descriptions I'd say Shell is on the right, the peachier one, as Sunsparked is supposed to be a bright beige w/ gold pearl. That also corresponds w/ the swatches on the MAC site (for once they're useful!).

yikes!!
no wonder i was so confused when everyone said shell was more pigmented
i thought shell was the one on the left (the goldy less pinky one) that's why i ordered it.

hehehe...come to think of it, maybe that's not so bad after all
most of you here think shell is better
graucho.gif

kirstetten

I got both and love them equally, sunsparked is the perfect colour for an all over glow and shell makes a lovely blush on my fair skin. I remember reading that someone thought of shell as a lighter, prettier version of Nars Orgasm blush.

Bootyliciousx

shell reminds me of stero rose in the main pic. I am still waiting for mines. Mac counter was out of it so I had to order online.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstetten
sunsparked is the perfect colour for an all over glow

I'm planning on picking up Sunsparked tomorrow just for that all-over glow factor...ack, so excited!
fluffy.gif

wannabelyn

hey i just got my shell powder!!!
it actually looks a little like my springsheen
need to try it on a clean face

wannabelyn

i just tried it today!
i don't see any pink when i use it
but i do see the gold pearl it leaves on my cheeks.
i hvae however got to swipe it many times before it even shows.
i use spring sheen over it. nice!!!

sarzio

I got sunsparked i'm pretty pale though... I think I'm something like N5... Shell Pearl looked waaay to orangey on me... I really like sunsparked though

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabelyn
i just tried it today!
i don't see any pink when i use it
but i do see the gold pearl it leaves on my cheeks.
i hvae however got to swipe it many times before it even shows.
i use spring sheen over it. nice!!!

*lol* Glad it's working out for you! I just picked up Sunsparked but haven't played w/ it yet...I'll let you know what difs I find.

Yeah, I find it more peachy than pink, but that's good cuz I don't have any peachy blush! Now you've got me thinking about Springsheen, tho..=P

Latest posts