Sundressing Nail Lacquers

Ada

Does anyone have any of the nail polishes from Sundressing Body yet? I'd really like to see some swatches of those, or at least pictures of the bottles (because we know how inaccurate the promo pics can be)-- especially Seadip-- it says blue with red and purple duochrome! Which sounds gorgeous, but the picture just looks blue. And also the gold one-- because in the promo pic that I saw on the UK MAC site it looks almost greenish, but the other promo pic posted here has it looking like a light yellow gold. Even if no one has pics, I'd like to hear opinions from those who have seen them. Thanks!

midnightlouise

I've looked for some for you, but I haven't managed to turn up anything but the same promo pics you've already seen.
ssad.gif
Hopefully some kind soul will post some for us soon, I'd like to see those nail polishes, too!

tattooednglossy

You're welcome! I kind of want that one now too! And I have never been interested in their polishes before! The dark dark burgundy looks pretty too. How is the lasting power on these?

midnightlouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooednglossy
You're welcome! I kind of want that one now too! And I have never been interested in their polishes before! The dark dark burgundy looks pretty too. How is the lasting power on these?

Well I know there are some mixed opinions on them, but I find them to last just as long as any other polish does, on my toes especially. I def. recommend giving them a try!
smiles.gif
There's was a thread floating around here about the polish in general, I'll see if I can dig it up for you to check out!

edit: here it is!
http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?t=32312

Ada

Yeah, that's the pic I've seen-- I really think I need the blue, peach and gold ones. I guess I'm just going to have to order them on Tuesday and hope they look like the pictures (I'm too impatient to wait until thursday and go to the store and see them in person).

MAC nail polishes don't seem to be super popular, but I don't know why. I had never bought any until Sweetiecake-- I had to have Blue Sprinkles the second I saw it-- so glittery! So now I've got a new obsession.

bellaetoile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooednglossy

the only two i have are the sweetiecake ones, but i LOVE them! i'm not a nail polish girl at ALL (i usually have acrylics, and get my toes french tipped too) but i fell in love with the pink sparkley one on the MA when i got my sweetie cake stuff the day it came out. its still on my toes, and it looks as good as new, with 3 coats on. my nails lasted pretty long too. so overall, i'd say the mac polish quality is pretty good..

ninabruja

i bought my first mac nail polish recently, tipover from the classic coordinates collection. it only took 1-2 coats for it to show up as bright pink as it appears in the bottle. i LOVE it. the only nailpolish i used to really wear before this was hard candy and it took me several coats for it to look half way like the bottle color.

anyway, i'm totally lemming the peachy sundressing one now.

I have seadip (although mine is labeled cabana which I thought is the dark burgandy one, mistake at the factory perhaps?) It is a gorgeous mid tone blue and you can see pink in it, in the bottle AND when it's on the nails. It takes several coats to show up the same as it looks in the bottle but is gorgeous.

I wanted summery (the peach one) but changed my mind when I saw it irl. It was lighter than I expected.

The gold one, can't remember the name is also very nice. It's a light gold with a hint of greenish iridescence, but pretty natural.

Wattage

OMG!! I cannot WAIT for these!! I am such a MAC lacquer whore!! I collect them. Some people collect piggies - me? I collect nail polish - for my toes!

rofl.gif

Ada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estellea
If anyone wants the pic of seadip ask me.

I would definitely like to see it!

pugmommy7

I definately need the blue and the brown.
I am envisioning a modified french mani with blue on the tips of the brown.
can you tell i am a manicurist-lol
winks.gif

I like the polishes- I esp have been enjoying blue sprinkles, but glitters last really well anyway.
I am an OPI devoutee as far as lasting wear is concerned.

Spenser

Quote:
I definately need the blue and the brown.
I am envisioning a modified french mani with blue on the tips of the brown.
can you tell i am a manicurist-lol
I like the polishes- I esp have been enjoying blue sprinkles, but glitters last really well anyway.
I am an OPI devoutee as far as lasting wear is concerned

That sounds lovely! Makes me think of mixing some blue brown pigment into some nailpolish. Has anyone tried this? What do you suggest for a good clear polish or should I just use overlaquer?

Estellea

sead.jpg

Seadip in the bottle, even though mines labelled cabana.. and on the nails it's very very sheer, so you need at least three coats to get it close to looking like the bottle! (unless I've got an extra watery one
winks.gif