Sunless Tanning.

hollytron

I hear all kinds of raves about all kinds of products. After much deliberation, I decided on L'Oreal's Sublime Glow (fair skinned). And, I was wondering... when does the tan begin to show?! After a weeks use, I saw no results and went into Sephora and bought Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube. I guess its new, but that is what drew me to it; I love Too Faced and innovative new self-tanning products with the hopes of hearing good news. I have been using that for about 3 days, and still, no visible results.

... Well, my cousin said, "You have a glow to you now." (I was practically translucent I was so white on the legs...)

Do you think if I continue to use this for a couple more days I will begin to see results? Do you think the delay may have to do with my skin tone/type? Is it possible that I am not using a liberal enough amount?

Thank you so much... ahahaha...
blush-anim-cl.gif

NicksWifey

Sunless tanning products usually take a few hours to develop, depending on the level of dihydroxyacetone (DHA) that's in the product. DHA is what stains on your skin and gives you the fake tan.

What is your skin color naturally? You said your legs are really, so I'm guessing you are very fair skinned? I myself am medium skinned and I already have a base tan from indoor tanning, but I still use sunless products every week. What really helps me more than anything and to me, is the key to making my sunless tan really stand out, is moisturizing! I moisturize 2x a day, maybe even 3x if I'm bored. You have to invest in a good moisturizer. I'm not saying it has to be top dollar, but try to look for moisturizers that do not contain mineral oil, which is a tan's (natural or sunless) worst enemy. I find that moisturizing helps bring out the sunless tan more and holds it in longer. The more moisturized your skin is, the better it tans, period.

I've seen really fair skinned people pull of sunless tans quite well. Sometimes people who are really fair skinned have the tendency to turn orange or even yellow. However, if you take your time and go really slow and moisturize, you should be fine. Although, everyone has to experiment with which sunless tanner they like the best. I know I have. I have recently been using Banana Boat's SunDial sunless tanner and really like it. Sometimes it leaves orangey-brown stains on my fingernails but I solve that quickly with nail polish remover.

Try looking at reviews on Makeupalley - Street Smart Beauty - Homepage, they have a lot of great reviews for sunless tanners there, drugstore & high-end products. I always research there before I buy one. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. HTH.

hollytron

Wow thanks for the info!

I moisturize every day, usually after I shower, I use Philosophy's Pure Grace body emollient. Today I took off a band-aid I had on for a couple of days and actually noticed that there IS change! Guess it was pretty subtle at first but since its been almost 5 days since using it, I am actually starting to see a difference (and my friends say so too)!

BTW: I am fairly fair skinned. Ahaha! My legs are more pale than anything however since they are usually always covered.

cre8_yourself

im a nc/ nw 35.. and in the summer i get pretty dark.. but i've been trying to avoid being out in the sun so much.. I tried the Jergen's sunless tanner this past winter and it turned me astrange orangey brown... so I started using St. Tropez whipped bronze instant tanning mouse.. I was really skeptical about it but it actually worked very nicely.. i became extremely bronzed within about an hour.. but the next morning i took a shower and the bronze lightened a bit revealing an extremely natural tan.. I know you are probably thinking well "you already are tanned"... well Im hungarian n blk and my mom who is blonde hair and in the nc 25 ish range used it and she looked fab.. didnt look unnatural at all.. looked like we just came back from a nice cruise.. its about 40 but def worth it...i hope this helps.. if u do get it.. use a makeup sponge to blend product on the tops of ur hands and feet.. make sure everything is even.. use the body polisher and like the other ladies said.. moisturizing is key!! good luck!