Sunscreen

captodometer

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, higher than SPF15 sunscreen? I would wear it on my face, neck, and hands. I normally wouldn't care, but I have Sjogren's Syndrome(it's related to lupus), and am becoming photosensitive in my old age. This means that I am prone to burning, even though my skin is quite dark by most standards. The fact that the South Island of New Zealand has a great big whopping hole in the ozone layer isn't helping my cause. I thought it was bright here during the winter; well, summer is approaching and I think my skin is in trouble
nope.gif

Good sunscreens are abundant; ones that look good on WOC are something else entirely. Ya'll know what I mean? I don't want to be sunburned, but I don't want to be walking around with that ghastly white tint to my skin either. Think titanium oxide might be the offending ingredient. Non-greasy would be good, too. I know I'm asking for a lot, but any suggestions? Ordering from the US won't be a problem.

lara

Megan Gale Invisible Zinc - it's titanium dioxide-based sun protection, but it's milled in a way that it has no white cast at all. I use it in my kit constantly, make-up just glides over the top of it and it's no an oil slick. I don't think it's sold in NZ just yet (so far it's in all Australian David Jones' stores) but Adore Beauty stock it and they ship to NZ.

Kuuipo

Bravo! I was going to recommend a clear zinc. Other sunscreens degrade in 2 hours time and if you are not reapplying all day long free radicals are being pulled into your skin.

newagetomatoz

My holy grail is Neutrogena's dry-touch sunscreen. I know they make it up to spf 70. Because I live in Buffalo, NY, they only sell it from end of May to mid-August so I stock up. But this stuff is seriously the best! In USD it is about $10-$12 per bottle. I think ULTA.com still has it. I wear it every day--it never even feels like I'm wearing it!

ms_bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Megan Gale Invisible Zinc - it's titanium dioxide-based sun protection, but it's milled in a way that it has no white cast at all. I use it in my kit constantly, make-up just glides over the top of it and it's no an oil slick. I don't think it's sold in NZ just yet (so far it's in all Australian David Jones' stores) but Adore Beauty stock it and they ship to NZ.

Thanks for the rec Lara, I'm in Brisbane and we're gearing up for a hot, sticky, sweaty summer as always. I think the Invisible Zinc actually uses microfine zinc oxide, not titanium dioxide.

Do you like any of her other products?

Kiseki

I use Shiseido's Very High Protection Cream for Face and it works wonderfully, it doesn't leave a white cast and has a matte finish and lasts pretty much all day. You need an oil base makeup remover for it though.

Latest posts