Super Oily Lids...What to do?

sasse142

I barely use e/s in the summer cause within a 3 hrs its turns into crease city. But since I've got my first pair of contacts I'm using a bit of shadow to show off but it creases really bad. I've used Mary Kay mattifier and MAC paints...nothing has been helping.

What do you recommend for super super oily lids on a hot humid day?

pinkmilk

I get that ALL the time. Damn oily face...

So i used MAC Eye primer. It usually lasts a lil longer.

But i guess no matter what... it'll eventually crease.

Good Luck!

dreaminofnyc

udpp!

urban decay primer potion!
i swear by this stuff (as do alot of other people on here)
I was using something by benefit and it made my eyeshadow crease when summer rolled along (due to oily lids) so I tried UDPP and it works like a dream! love that stuff!

Pushpa

my 2 cents would be to make sure you put foundation on yoru eyelids and then dust blot powder on and then go forth with your routine....a friend of mine does this and it works well for her

lara

Shadestick/Paint base firmly set with Blot powder. Works like a charm on everyone.

Shavwi

Urban Decay Primer Potion is the ONLY reason I am able to wear eyeshadow - no other trick has ever worked on me but this stuff
smiles.gif

kradge79

I have to join the UDPP crowd. I have oily skin and live in FL, and my e/s always looks great since I started using it!

lola336

i also use the ud primer..its great. but when i dont use it..i put a paint as a base, then i use a shadestick as a second base. and it will usually last me an entire night out...and i have oily lids. if i want to make sure it holds on for dear life i add on the udpp before the paint. i use thin layers so that my eyeshadow isnt cakey after all that..lmao

Wontpayretail23

I personally use MAC shade sticks. I tend to have dry eyelids. But, also the key is to not apply too much or it will make the shadow crease. Try applying a little less.

BlahWah

I've been using MAC paints lately, but from the reviews and comments I've read, I'd say try UD PP. The other suggestions (foundation & blot, paint & s/s) sound good as well, but if you want something straightforward and simple, try UD PP.

ledonatella

Wel, I will say I've never had a problem creasing at all, but here's what makes mine stay true the longest, I use Too Faced First Base, especially with shimmery/glittery shadows, nothing else works for me. I put a little concealer over my eyes, then the TF, then dust a bit of MAC Pro Set Powder and my shadows looks like it did when I first apply it right thru my 10 hour shift!

OnaFyre

I have oily lids... VERY oily. None of the tricks mentioned above worked for me. Up until recently, the only thing that worked pretty well was paints (usually with blot, like lara mentioned). Even that creased up on me by hour 8-10. Then I discovered Urban Decay Primer Potion. It's a godsend. It works extremely well for me and I can sleep in the stuff and nothing happens to my e/s in the morning. I thought people were exaggerating about that, but they weren't. The only drawback for me is that it's comes out white on my skintone and makes e/s a little hard to blend. But in terms of staying power, it's the best I've seen.

Another product to try is Laura Mercier's eye primers. I think they are called "Base." They're cool because they come in different colors. For staying power and consistency, I would put them somewhere between paints and UDPP. I returned mine because they only brown color was waaaay to dark and way too cool/greyish for my skin, so I would guess you'd have more luck with finding the right color.

rainbow

UDPP for me too! it simply the the best thing that ever happens!! i have got oily lid as well and most of the time if i m really really lucky enough, the eyeshadow will last for 3-4hours. thereafter, it starts to cease like mad
weeping.gif

but with UDPP, my eyeshadow can last for as long as 9-10hours with little or no cease @ all. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: simply adore and swear by it!