super sensitive skin:

ivorygleam

I have *really* sensitive skin... we break out, get rashes, feel a burning sensation, or the color turns pink. My sister & I between us our only luck has been with MAC. (Not that this is bad by any means).

I'm just wondering if anyone else suffers our plight & has any brand recommendations?

n_c

Stila/Everyday Minerals have good blushes and e/s...I typically dont have any type of reaction from those two, but their foundations are a different story. I'll come back when more come to mind.

Zombygrl

I have the same issues, I usually get this rash and then I have break outs. Yuck.
I've used Jane Iredale mineral products and had luck, the only thing that sucks is that it's pricey.

Winthrop44

Yes, I have the same problems you mention (burning, redness and sensitive skin) due to rosacea. Have you been checked by a dermatologist for that? I find Alima Mineral Make-Up (www.alimacosmetics.com) foundation and blush works great and actually improves my skin! I can also use MAC blushes and eyeshadows and other eye products with no problems. HTH!

ivorygleam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Yes, I have the same problems you mention (burning, redness and sensitive skin) due to rosacea. Have you been checked by a dermatologist for that? I find Alima Mineral Make-Up (www.alimacosmetics.com) foundation and blush works great and actually improves my skin! I can also use MAC blushes and eyeshadows and other eye products with no problems. HTH!

The burning only happens with eye products... the breakouts happen with the rest of the products. I have been to a dermatologist as I had bad acne as a teen on my forehead only - the rest of my skin is clear as a bell. My sister suffers the same things as I do & her skin has been perfect forever. My mom only had one problem with lipsticks always turning pink but now she only wears MAC and has no issues.

Thanks to the rest of you ladies -- now I just have to find a Canada retailer with them, or bring out the plastic *CHARGE IT* lol

ivorygleam

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
Have you tried Clarins or Biotherm?

I thought those were just skin creams?
hmm.gif

frocher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorygleam
I thought those were just skin creams?
hmm.gif

No they make makeup as well. I especially like Clarins makeup, check it out they have some nice products.
smiles.gif

Dizzy

Have you tried using Urban Decay's Primer Potion under your eyeshadows? I had a similar reaction to soo many brands (MAC included!) where my eyelids would burn, but I've found that as long as I use that I can use almost any brand of e/s now.

Also, have you noticed any common ingredients in things that burn/make you break out? Maybe there's a specific ingredient you're allergic to that you need to avoid?

ivorygleam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
Also, have you noticed any common ingredients in things that burn/make you break out? Maybe there's a specific ingredient you're allergic to that you need to avoid?

Hm, no I haven't but you have a very good point. I know my sister bought a cranberry shade of MAC e/s and that gives her problems - maybe that would be a good place to start.

Thanks.

Latest posts