susanb2120 is still at it!!

divaster

Ugh!!!!!!

Remember when a bunch of us were contacting her about her fake MAC e/s and then she started crying about being ripped off and she was "so sorry" and she just wanted to help her sick son, etc...

Well, she's still at it:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQ...assZsusanb2120

She does say they aren't MAC in the description, but still says MAC in the title, I'm sure some people will fall for it. It's pretty deceptive.
th_rolleye0014.gif

ledonatella

I saw that too...she says in some of her descriptions that it's not MAC and she was ripped off (boo hoo) but they are really good shadows and you should buy them anyway even though they have questainable origins. And people are. I feel bad for them.

farra712

Can't you not sell counterfeit items on ebay even if you DO say that they are fakes???? I mean, come on, be decent.

Shawna

You absolutely cannot sell anything fake on ebay. It happens, but it is totally against their policy. My hubby once listed an old game cart that had 42 games on it without knowing it was a pirate (found it at a thrift store) and ebay threatened to take him to court!

divaster

yeah, you are not supposed to sell anything fake on there. The reason this even came up again is because my co-worker happened to show me a color, and I couldn't believe who the seller was. My co-worker didn't know it was fake, granted she is not a huge MAC fan like most of us, and even with the word "mac twin" in the title she was almost duped, she thought that was a type of eyeshadow. That might be silly and not even make sense, but there could be others who are not familiar with the MAC line who think the same thing.

I've also heard that sometimes these fakes come from places where they use lead in their manufacturing so it could be actually dangerous. I don't know if that's true or not, but I still don't think that being deceptive is right. You never know what is in these things, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

SMMY

I just reported her again. Aside from it being copyright infringement, it's also a safety issue. No one ever went blind from a fake designer bag, but who knows what conditions (hygene, ingredients etc) these were made under. I hope others here do the same.

Vedra

Are you sure about her? I bought Iris Print and two other shadows and I think they're absolutely real, I thoroughly compared them to shadows from the counter and every single detail is right (I already had Spring up and even the production number of Iris Print fits, and one e/s even had a Nordstrom-barcode on the box)?

If these should be fake, there would really be NO way to tell fakes from real anymore...
th_confused_new.gif

and @divaster: I just checked the descriptions again, but it says Mac in the titles AND descriptions? When I catch my breath from exams on Friday, I can post pictures of the things I got from her.

rcastel10

Those sure look real to me. If they are fake I would've been taken, and I considered myself pretty good at being able to tell whether an MAC item was fake
icon_eek.gif

divaster

Actually it looks like the fake ones have been removed since they are no longer listed on the link in my first post. The ones still listed look real. The other ones she had listed were different colors, with made up names (she admitted she made them up because they only came with numbers) and the pots were a little different. Ebay probably pulled them since they were reported.

Vedra

Thank you for clearing that up, now I'm really relieved! The fakes you described I could have told too, so I guess she tries to mix them in now and then.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
I just reported her again. Aside from it being copyright infringement, it's also a safety issue. No one ever went blind from a fake designer bag, but who knows what conditions (hygene, ingredients etc) these were made under. I hope others here do the same.

I totally agree! Fake handbags are one thing! Why would anyone make a "fake" MAC eye shadow? I guess I can figure out why but that is gross! Yuck!!!

SMMY

I also sent her an the following message via eBay:
"Hello susanb2120,

FYI, I reported your auctions for the Twin MAC eye shadows
again to eBay. I did so for two reasons:
1. Even if you declare it a fake, it's still against eBay policy to sell
fakes. Merely stating that they are fakes in no way makes it
acceptable to sell these. It's still trademark infringement.
2. While no one ever went blind from a fake designer bag,
someone could be injured by fake cosmetics. These were made
in China. You have no idea what environment they were made in
or what ingredients were used in these. Because they aren't
made in a company that is subject to certain hygiene and
safety standards. In some of your auctions you have stated they
are high quality eye shadow, which is irresponsible. You
do not have the ability to test or assess the quality & safety of
these eye shadows. I have posted on several MAC and cosmetic
communities about your auctions & have encouraged others
to report these auctions to eBay as well."

I think or at least hope that she pulled them herself. I have added her to my "eBayers to never do business with" list. I can't believe that someone who also sells MAC through eBay would say such an item is a equivalent to MAC when she has no idea what conditions the item was made under. It either means she is woefully ignorant or just really desperate. Either way, I don't wish to play lab-rat with my eyes with such an item. I feel sorry for people who have already purchased these fakes thinking they are getting a bargain. On eBay it's pretty much caveat emptor, but thank goodness for specktra ladies and this sub-forum to warn us.

midgetfury74

can you believe this> I found this on ebay in groups for sellers!

susanb2120 (245 )
06/29/06 10:20 PM (#3 of 3)

This is to the group. I bought fake MAC and had it listed with the first line of Discription saying Product Not Made By MAC. I had a member email explaining why he had my itms removed. He said I said they were made in China to look like MAC. He pointed out that China has no health standards. He actually said nobody ever went blind by fake cosmetics. Maybe someone has. I emailed to Thank him saying that had never occured to me. I actually watched a tv show about fake Meds made in China. They used dried road paint for color. I emailed him back to say Thank you. He may have seen it was from me and did not read it assuming it was a nasty email. Ironically I have Blind Twins. I am using ebay to pay for a surgery. I would never forgive myself if someone was hurt. Forgive me please everyone! I offered $ back.

seriously this lady needs to be banned from ebay, she obviously didnt get it and i have the feeling she will continue selling her fake merch.!

SMMY

I can think of much better and more efficient ways to raise money for a child's illness than selling counterfeit MAC makeup on eBay. Community or church raffles for one. That is, if it is even true. I just don't get it.

Latest posts