Swap Advice!

NatalieMT

I saw the other thread here about MUA too, seems I'm not the only one with problems!

I have not been swaplifted, more a parcel I was supposed to receive may have got lost in the mail. I've been sent a scan of the proof of postage and tracking details of the item (the tracking isn't much use though to be honest!), so I trust the lady I swapped with is honest and genuine. But it's been a few weeks and she's received the parcel I sent to her but I haven't had anything back. It could still turn up I suppose, which would be the best scenario!

I'm not angry over it because millions of items go missing in the mail every year, it can't be helped but it's a problem because I'm out of pocket if you will. What is the etiquette in these situations, in terms of a solution both sides can be happy with? I've been lucky in that this hasn't happened to me before, but now it unfortunately has I'm not sure what to do. I presume it wouldn't be down to me to put in a claim with the post office anyway, as that is usually down to the sender.

Thanks! x

1165Cheryl

Hi,

The same thing happened to me recently, the envelope came empty and I have to trust the items were originally in there. I lost out on money and theres nothing I can do about it since I didnt ask to have it shipped insured. I wish there was something we could do......

NatalieMT

It was shipped insured, plus signed for with tracking.
ssad.gif
The lady I swapped with has been back in touch anyway and said if we give it another week or so and if nothing has still arrived she can go to her post office and see what they can do. She lives in Croatia so I have no idea what the policies are there.

Here in the UK if something goes missing you can file a claim with the Royal Mail for the cost of the lost item, providing you have proof of postage.

1165Cheryl

Mine was international also...I have no reason to think she purposely sent it this way but dont know her either so I'm just knocking it up to bad luck with the postal service.

Thats good yours is insured but like you said you don't know the other countries policy's. Thats the bummer deal about international stuff. As a seller I ship internatioanlly all the time and the only country I've ever had problems with is Brazil.

You mentioned it's been a few weeks, around how many?

NatalieMT

So typical, as soon as I posted this guess what turned up yesterday!? It had been about 4 weeks or so, must have been caught up somewhere perhaps customs. So anyway problem sorted - thanks for the help ladies!
greengrin.gif

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieMT
So typical, as soon as I posted this guess what turned up yesterday!? It had been about 4 weeks or so, must have been caught up somewhere perhaps customs. So anyway problem sorted - thanks for the help ladies!
greengrin.gif

Thats great
smiles.gif
) with all of the storms in and outside of the U.S. I know USPS says there delivery's were being delayed up to a week. This was around a month ago when the storms back east where real bad.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieMT
greengrin.gif

well i'm pleased that you got it hun!