Swaplifted! ): Need advice? ~

PrincessBoa

Hi everyone!
smiles.gif

So something unfortunate has happened, a week or two ago- I was new on MakeUpAlley and I wanted to swap my MAC things for a few other items I was interested in in the swap section. Both the user I wanted to swap with and I had 0 tokens so we agreed to ship them out together and take a picture of the reciept when we were done. However, she told me a day later after we both shipped out that she had just moved (hence her change of address) and her cam was packed deep in moving boxes and shew as busy, so she couldn't give me the picture of the reciept within 2 days and agreed to give it to me by Sunday night.

I was a bit hesitant in swapping with her because she didn't have pictures of the items and she had to have ME agree first that we would both ship tomorrow (then apparently when I asked her the next day if she shipped, she said she already shipped the previous night?) and she was very slow at responding to my questions about the items, but was faster in responding about my items.

I asked her to see if she had any eBay, Specktra or etc feedback so I can feel a bit more at ease however she only gave me an Etsy feedback, which was good enough since she had over 50.

It has been awhile now and I have recently messaged her 2 days ago to ask where the picture was and it has been a few days since the deadline already. She said that she couldn't take the picture but assured the package was coming, and if it asn' tby today- said for me to msg her and she would paypal me back the amount.

However, it seems like she's deleted her account today because I saw multiple threads on MUA about her being missing, and how they've been swaplifted by her and she has since then never replied to their messages.

She swaplifted me $65.5 dollars of MAC items which is alot considering I'm still a student under a budget.. I thought I could have trusted people on MUA (since I was new myself).. but yeah. TT Feel so sad.

I was wondering what I can do now? Someone on MUA suggested for me to call the local police or look up her name in the yellow pages but I live in Canada while she lives in the US so that's a bit of an issue. Also, someone mentioned Swap Talk? I don't really know the link or what it is.. so yeah. TT

Help? ): Sorry for the long post.. it's just been a long day.

Thanks in advance~

- PrincessBoa

DigitalRain

Sorry to hear about your situation. You might want to consider joining swaptawk.com a forum for people who have been swaplifted.

L1LMAMAJ

sorry about this situation. try not to swap with people with 0 tokens. but nowadays it's so hard to tell. some swaplifters might have great feedback on other sites but they use MUA to swaplift. so sad...

one time i was ACCUSED of being a swaplifter which pissed me off because it was the USPS' fault cuz it took them 3 weeks to ship across the country. good luck in the future!

mindlessgapgirl

i actually looked someone up once and called her house (we both lived in ontario) after i saw she deleted her account right after i mailed my package. i called the post office and told them to take it out of the "send" bin and i came back and picked it up...and the girl was so shocked i called...she just kept saying "umm, umm"...good times
smiles.gif
don't swap with people with 0 feedback...establish yourself by swapping with experienced MUA-ers and build up your tokens by shipping first...then when you have enough, you can ask the newbies to send their items first. not perfect, but it helps.

PrincessBoa

Thanks alot to everyone who replied ><

Unfortunately- I don't have the ability to look her up in the phone book and am quite sure that the item has been sent out already as it has been over a week already ): Even though Canada Post takes a long time, it's probably been shipped or on its way to the US now and yeah.. -sigh-

Anything I can do about it besides call the post office? =/ I really want to clear things up! >< I'm just a bit bummed.

Thanks to everyone tho!

Kragey

I just want to point out that feedback on other websites isn't necessarily proof, so take that in to account to prevent swaplifting! I always feel a little awkward about my accounts, because my eBay account is different from my Specktra and MUA accounts. If somebody has zero tokens and links to one or more places with very different usernames, they very well could just be linking to random people with lots of feedback so that you trust them.

Latest posts