Sweetie Cake quad help (posted for brittanyjade)

user3

She posted this a tut request but thought you all could give her some help, as you only you lovely members can give the best advice
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif

Quote:
just got my sweetie cakes quad and dont really know how to use the blue, can anyone help or do a tut on the colors? i love them but dont know what to do with them, thanks in advance!

shamelessmuse

I can't do a tut, camera is on the fritz. However, I (who usually avoid blues like the plague) have really liked the blue in the sweetie cake quad. So far I have paired it with - The pink in the quad on the inner lid, Apricot Pink pig over that and in the crease and brow bone and the blue (sugar blue) on the outer 2/3 of the lid. Almond Icing to highlight Black track fluid liner on the upper lid, Ultra chill to line the bottom. Also, Sugar Blue on the inner 2/3 of the lid, Budding Beauty on the outer third and in the crease, and a light reflecting/light pink to highlight (mine was one of my hand mixed concoctions). I also used it with a number of pinks and it looks great with them. If you look it has a pink reflect in it. Hope that at least gets your juices going.

depecher

When I had my makeover, I had my MA use all of the colors in the quad:

inner lid: pink
outer lid: blue
crease: purple
highlight: color on top left

I didn't buy the quad. It did look pretty the day I had it done, but the purple dye and my eyes don't like each other.
ssad.gif

CaptainMac

I've worn it two ways so far:
1) This one was kind of hard to blend the blue into the purple though. Inner eye: pink which I extended a little bit into crease, Lid: blue, Crease: purple, browbone highlight: grayish color
2) Tonight I did the grayish color on the inner eye and browbone, the pink on the lid, the blue on the lower lashline, and blacktrack fluidline to line the top.

AriannaErin

This is how I've used the quad recently (I have some pics up on the FOTD thread)...

I use Gracious me s/s as a base
- The blue in the inner corner and to line the waterline
- The purple on the outer 2/3 of my lid
- The pink in the crease and a wash over the other two colors to blend and make it sort of glowy
- the greyish white to highlight
- then I use peacocked glitter pencil to line uppper lids as it sort of brings the blue in the inner corner and waterline together.
- I also like using iris accents glitter pencil below my waterline as a lower line to sort of bring out the purple....

Latest posts