Sweetscents pigments

MissVanessa

Does anyone know anything about these? I saw a picture of some swatches and they looked really nice. I looked at sweetscents.com, and I couldn't figure anything out. :confused: Are they decent products? Any comments?

sandiBee

Hey, i just ordered a package from Joan of Sweetscents.com 3 day ago and recieved them today. They shipped by priority mail, so it was super fast. This is my first time ordering from them (someone mentioned it on this forum so i decided to give them a try). The swatches they have on their website are not very detailed, but I chose a few that I thought might look really nice.

I haven't given these pigments a try yet, but they look amazing in the jar! I bought the Mica 12 pack combo in 10gram jars (which is more than enough imo -- the jars are filled to the top w/o the sifters)... and only came out to $34.70 usd including the shipping charges.

I've bought some stuff from pureluxcosmetics.com and although both places have some amazing colors, sweetscents is so much more affordable. A point for them since i've been spending way too much on MAC makeup recently.

Here are some pictures:
ss01.jpg

ss02.jpg

ss03.jpg

ss04.jpg

ss05.jpg

my favorite one // reminds me of mermaids
ss06.jpg

///wow, look at me ramble on and on in my first post here at specktra. i hope this helps you in making your decision about buying from them.

oh and if you want to take a closer look at the pictures (and some that i haven't posted) here's a zip file of all the pictures //1632px by 1224px they're really big... http://www.urbanremixx.com/img/sweetscents/SweetScents_MicaPigments.zip

sigwing

Wow...are you having fun with those now or what?? I'd gotten some from Pure Luxe and really like the colors I got. You're right about the prices being good, too!

Shawna

Colorqueen is the resident expert on sweetscents pigments. Hopefully she will see this post and help you out. She loves their pigments and always has great fotds with them
smiles.gif

mspiggy

I ordered the diamond series set from ebay sometime back. They look really pretty and are pretty pigmented.

DSC07735.jpg

DSC07737.jpg

HTHs

mspiggy

Here you go.
The swatch isn't too clear.

DSC08486.jpg

DSC08485.jpg

Satin slippers is towards the whitish yellow while gold dust is towards gold. When applied dry (as in the swatch), they look pretty close at certain angles but gold dust is more shimmery thus it shows the gold more.

MountainLover

Sweetscents Mineral Makeup

I've been using Sweetscents / SnowmanDCE minerals for a while now and I absolutely love them. Honestly I think they are better quality than Bare Escentuals--but I've only used the eyeshadow, blush, highlighter colors, never the foundations. I use Bare Escentuals foundation. Sweetscents are amazing products. They are affordable and extremely high quality. They really do last all day. I use a lot of the pigments with eyeliner sealant in a foiling technique or just as eyeliner and they're amazing. I highly recommend them. I definitely prefer them over my Bare Escentuals eye shadows. They last longer and apply more smoothly. You can buy them from Sweetscents.com or from the SnowmanDCE Minerals store on eBay. They're great deals! I'm so glad I found them!
cheerleader.gif

DaizyDeath

Id definitly suggest trying Ben Nye Lumier Loose eye shadow
they give you a little bit more then MAC pig
and come in a wide range of colors their mostly used for theatre and film and only cost 8.99$ retail!