Swish Help

Palzonia

Ok Ok Ok... thought I'd know better by now but gone mental again and bought some MAC i'm not sure of after
ssad.gif

I needed a highlight color so got Grain (which is great) and THEN, because I seem to have all the browns and purples in the world...i bought steamy and swish...
While steamy is definitely workable, i don't know what to do with Swish.... I've never used a frosty pink before (i'm NC44)... need help !!!!!! what do i do with it? will a base help??

Thanks so much in advance, if i can get what to do with it, this will be the place i know !

Palzonia

Tashona Helena

I use frosty pinks in the inner corner of my eye, and tap a little around the highlight area. A base definitely helps accentuate. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance with everything, and a similar color (canton candy paint) or white base (MUFE flashcolor/NYX milk) under pinks. I usually blend it out into a darker pink/purple.

malaviKat

NC45 here...

I think a base will definitely help. I agree with the above poster; I use light pinks (such as Swish) on the inner corner of my eye. Sometimes I'll also blend it with a frosty white shade for a brighter highlight (with just a touch of pink).

I initially had a lot of trouble with Swish myself; it seemed to be the one colour that just wouldn't show up as anything. If I want it to be really, really intense, I apply it over Crimsonaire shadestick. Otherwise, I stick with UDPP (or something similar).

nafster

I am NC37 and I apply this on top of a blue eyeshadow (it was midnight blue by body shop).. Try any dark blue or purple shades. Apply that first and then go with swish on top of it. Swish by itself on the lid can look ashy and too frosty on NC40+ skin tones. Hope this helps
smiles.gif

d n d

I had Swish and I usually paired it with a dark purple shadow. I ultimately ended up selling it because it was just too frosty and light and it always seemed to crease. I would do what the other ladies suggest and wear it near the tear duct or with a good base.

Twinkle_Twinkle

You could try Swish over Artifact Paint Pot to bring out more of the pink and less of the frosty silver. I bet that would be really pretty.

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
You could try Swish over Artifact Paint Pot to bring out more of the pink and less of the frosty silver. I bet that would be really pretty.

Hmm never thought of that one. Too bad I gave my swish up to my sister.