Taaz.com virtual makeover

captodometer

Has anyone tried this site? It was pretty interesting; you can upload a picture of yourself and change your makeup, eye color, hair, whatever.

The color selections are very good. The hair options, not so much: there's only one option in the Afro section, and it looks like someone with a really bad poodle perm. All the other hairstyles are straight, and most of them look like variations of the same cut. But it is at least a place to start, if you're thinking about making any changes.

There used to be a software program called Essence Virtual Makeover. It disappeared in a hurry: it was on the market about ten years ago and hardly anyone other than myself purchased it. The target market was WOC, but a lot of us didn't have computers back in the day. I think the Taaz site is way better as far as makeup is concerned, but the Essence program was better as far as hair options.

Anyone ever used either of these programs? Would be interested in hearing your opinions on them
winks.gif

captodometer

Wasn't actually expecting anyone to post their makeover pics, LOL. But yours looks great, aziajs
thmbup.gif
The bangs really work for you. And since you shared yours, I'll share mine.

I'm not really looking for a makeup overhaul; I need a wig.

Before
923622.JPG

Afters:
923619.JPG

923618.JPG

923615.JPG

The last picture is one of the program limitations that I complained about earlier. Even though it's probably the hairstyle that I liked the most, the only color options were various shades of red and blonde
angry.gif
But being that the website is free, I guess I shouldn't really complain too much.

aziajs

I actually like the site a lot. There are some limitations but there are some flexible options as well. I love the hair styles because you can modify the shapes. That's what I tried to do below. I like it but it's still not 100% perfect.

P46608ea8a19afbdaaecd7aa2d01ea03-1.jpg

aziza

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I just tried Taaz the other day. Here is the result:

BEFORE:
P3270026crop-1.jpg

AFTER:
azia_tazz-1.jpg

Danng! What is the lipcolor? I love it!

anjelik_dreamin

This site is bucketloads of fun. Though the colours can be a little off, so I wouldn't base my judgement of a product on what appears in the picture. Still, for time killing, it's awesome!

aziza

Okay here's one of mine. I was very impressed with the color options. Very rarely do these type of programs take all skin tones into account. Anyway please forgive the fro peeking over the wig lol. I didn't feel like fixing it.

Before:
IMG_0285.jpg

After:

P1c3c8f20d9cba6bc738f0648b2cd0e96_5.jpg

This makes me realize that I need a new concealer and Shockolate ASAP.

captodometer

Quote:
I actually like the site a lot. There are some limitations but there are some flexible options as well. I love the hair styles because you can modify the shapes. That's what I tried to do below. I like it but it's still not 100% perfect.

I do like the site, and I remember paying $45 for the Essence software way back when. It sold so poorly that they never made any updates for it: the options that came on the disk were what you were stuck with, the end. So free is good, even if I have to try a hair color I wouldn't go near in real life
winks.gif

How do you use the style editor option? I've used it, and your pics came out better than mine. You managed to create a new style, and I still have the slightest edges of my 'fro showing in a couple of pics: I just couldn't rearrange the dots to get a style that fit on my head and covered my own hair without making the style look like a 1960's beehive.

aziajs

captodometer, I like the first look. That would be a nice wig. It's very young, black professional.

aziajs

captodometer, it really takes a bit of finesse. You have to play around with the rotating and resizing tools and then you have to move the dots. The thing with the dots is that you have to figure out which dot moves which section of hair.
I did a few pics of you. I hope you don't mind. I just wanted to see what you thought of them and also show you the different ways you can style the hair to your liking. They aren't perfect but I think you'll get the idea.

P74e7e9a3d735b2d28784e3a66a7768a8_5.jpg

P74e7e9a3d735b2d28784e3a66a7768a-1.jpg

P74e7e9a3d735b2d28784e3a66a7768a-2.jpg

P74e7e9a3d735b2d28784e3a66a7768a-3.jpg

I got a bit carried away on this pic. LOL....

aziza

Quote:

P74e7e9a3d735b2d28784e3a66a7768a8_5.jpg

This is really nice! The bangs really frame your face ,captodometer. I might start looking at some wigs too lol

And btw aziajs...how did you fill in her brows on that last pic? I didn't see an option for it.

aziajs

Aziza I did one of you too. I have no life. LOL. Oh by the way, that red lipstick in my other pic is Double Fudge by Clinique according to Taaz.

Pa9544ea73b62161de564f9fc45088154_5.jpg

babiid0llox

Quote:
Aziza I did one of you too. I have no life. LOL. Oh by the way, that red lipstick in my other pic is Double Fudge by Clinique according to Taaz.

Pa9544ea73b62161de564f9fc45088154_5.jpg

This one's the best, although I like the afro pic. Is the afro pic of you as natural aziza?

babiid0llox

captodometer, you're so lucky you look great with short hair, mine looks terrible and HDs refuse to cut it any shorter than a bit above shoulder length lol.
ssad.gif

Latest posts