Tales from the Sale- Share your stories, your hauls and your thoughts about the annual 20% off deal

katred

Specktra Bestie
Tales from the Sale- Share your stories, your hauls and your thoughts about the annual 20% off deal

Well, the 2015 annual 20% off sale is underway for VIB Rouge shoppers. We had events at stores here in Canada and despite the fact that I RSVP'd within a few hours of getting my invite, I was put on a wait list for the even and never heard from them again.

I was up late last night (Thanks, insomnia!) and went online pretty much as the sale started, just in time to see a number of things suddenly showing as "out of stock". I noticed that the Burberry holiday products, while they're still listed on the product page, show as "items we no longer carry". Funny how three minutes before the sale started, I was able to put both in my basket.

There are a lot of things that have been out of stock for a while and remain so for the sale, particularly from some new and online only brands.

It's a lot of work, but Sephora is a big company and these sorts of inventory issues around an established annual event make them look bad.

That said, my order went through, no problem and despite the fact that there's a warning message that processing could take longer than usual due to the volume, my order is already listed as shipped. We'll see whether my smaller-than-planned haul is enough to sate my appetite.

shellygrrl

Staff member
That's pretty awful about the events. If you RSVPed that should have been honoured. Boo, Sephora. :( The VIB sale is next weekend (also 20% off), so I've got nothing to report right now.

coffeewithcream

Well, the 2015 annual 20% off sale is underway for VIB Rouge shoppers. We had events at stores here in Canada and despite the fact that I RSVP'd within a few hours of getting my invite, I was put on a wait list for the even and never heard from them again.

I was up late last night (Thanks, insomnia!) and went online pretty much as the sale started, just in time to see a number of things suddenly showing as "out of stock". I noticed that the Burberry holiday products, while they're still listed on the product page, show as "items we no longer carry". Funny how three minutes before the sale started, I was able to put both in my basket.

There are a lot of things that have been out of stock for a while and remain so for the sale, particularly from some new and online only brands.

It's a lot of work, but Sephora is a big company and these sorts of inventory issues around an established annual event make them look bad.

That said, my order went through, no problem and despite the fact that there's a warning message that processing could take longer than usual due to the volume, my order is already listed as shipped. We'll see whether my smaller-than-planned haul is enough to sate my appetite.
This was nearly exactly my experience too. I RSVPd within about 30 minutes of getting the invite (gee, that pesky work thing really interferes with my makeup obsession) and there wasn't a single spot to be had within roughly a 50 km radius of me in the greater Toronto area. Had stuff in my cart, woke up to out of stock on a lot of it. I agree with you that since they know the kind of volume they get, they need to be better prepared for these events. As far as I know, nothing of mine has shipped yet - and I paid for the expedited shipping given the dates they were showing online.

Haven

The cynic in me wonders if the products are truly OOS or just limited availability for the sale. Maybe some are being saved for the VIB sale or to sell at full price. Sort of how on Black Friday target and best buy stores have only one $1000 TV available for sale at the deep discount to get you in the store. Cynical I know.

Vandekamp

Sort of how on Black Friday target and best buy stores have only one $1000 TV available for sale at the deep discount to get you in the store. Cynical I know.
iagree.gif

starletta8

I don't even know where to start with the disaster that is this sale for me. It's going to be a very long time before I give Sephora another penny.

1. I didn't receive the paper card. I've been complaining to CS for years about this. It's been three years since I got a paper card. I've had serious hassles in-store.
  2. I didn't receive the email notification. This is now the second sale in a row I've had this double whammy. My last email that's not shipping or an order was when I re-Rouged February 14, 2015. I call in every 4 weeks or so to complain and report. No resolution.
  3. I was turned away from a local SiJCP during the sale since I didn't have said email or paper card. I spent 30 min on hold with the Rouge line trying to get them to yell at the SiJCP.
  4. I'm going to lose my discount since I have two outstanding orders that Sephora hasn't shipped and I'll have to pay UPS to re-route the packages. I called in yesterday and complained. They claimed I'd have them today. Guess what? Neither has shipped, and I'm a UPS member so I see when I have packages incoming. Total lies from Sephora. I'm tempted to call in today and ask if the person yesterday was lying to me. The kicker? they claimed it was due to OOS samples.

Vandekamp

I don't even know where to start with the disaster that is this sale for me. It's going to be a very long time before I give Sephora another penny.

1. I didn't receive the paper card. I've been complaining to CS for years about this. It's been three years since I got a paper card. I've had serious hassles in-store.
  2. I didn't receive the email notification. This is now the second sale in a row I've had this double whammy. My last email that's not shipping or an order was when I re-Rouged February 14, 2015. I call in every 4 weeks or so to complain and report. No resolution.
  3. I was turned away from a local SiJCP during the sale since I didn't have said email or paper card. I spent 30 min on hold with the Rouge line trying to get them to yell at the SiJCP.
  4. I'm going to lose my discount since I have two outstanding orders that Sephora hasn't shipped and I'll have to pay UPS to re-route the packages. I called in yesterday and complained. They claimed I'd have them today. Guess what? Neither has shipped, and I'm a UPS member so I see when I have packages incoming. Total lies from Sephora. I'm tempted to call in today and ask if the person yesterday was lying to me. The kicker? they claimed it was due to OOS samples.
I am sorry you had to go through that ordeal with Sephora. I never force stores/sales people to take my money. If the service is not there, my business will be elsewhere. Period.

AnastasiaRuth

That's crazy because even if you used your email, it still would show that you are ROUGE. SiJCP aren't that bright.

Sidenote: My second package ordered on Monday has been shipped... I might get it tomorrow.

starletta8

That's crazy because even if you used your email, it still would show that you are ROUGE. SiJCP aren't that bright.
It has nothing to do with my email. I had my physical Rouge card; it was not having the barcode that is contained on the back of the card or at the bottom of the email.

AnastasiaRuth

They couldn't just keep the barcode for the sale? I only showed my mobile Rouge card and the girl had the coupon by her register...

starletta8

They couldn't just keep the barcode for the sale? I only showed my mobile Rouge card and the girl had the coupon by her register...

They did not have it at this SiJCP location. Period. I know that they did not follow correct protocol, but that's not the point here.

I was able to shop at a freestanding Sephora without issue; I always carry my Rouge card. It's not my problem that Sephora is too inept to fix the tech glitch that keeps me from getting emails or is too lazy to send me snail mail for 3 years.

Latest posts