Talking about Cosmetics around others...especially ur Significant Other

Bubbles12_98

Have any of you gotten so excited about MAC..or any make-up & started telling your boyfriend(or whoever) about it?? This has become a thing between me 'n my boyfriend lately since I've started getting into make-up again. I get so excited about it that I just want to tell him all about it...and he couldn't really care more or less about it. He's a good boyfriend 'n listens to me...and compares it to his love of computer/video games. Sometimes I make myself stop b/c I know he doesn't have any interest in it. If I had females around me all crazy about make-up like I am, maybe I wouldn't have to tell him so much. My Dad said I get as excited about make-up as he does when his fav team scores a touchdown *lol* Yet neither of us could care about the other's *lol*

Sooo...How do the people around you respond to your obsession when you gush about it??

singinmys0ng

i always talk about makeup to everyone! I was talking to a boy in my class about it and he said..you spend $65 on makeup? i just said..that is ONLY $65 on makeup..who knows how much i spend in one year on it.*shudders* I dont even want to know.

faithhopelove24

I talk to my sister about makeup for hours, she's just as fanatic as me. If we lived in the same city it would be some serious trouble..lol
I tell my husband everything I know about m/u and alot of times he remembers exactly what i say and he surprises me with new m/u. he's such a sweetie. I know he could care less, but he always humors me. afterall, he does foot the bill for my m/u addiction. I love that man soooo much!!!!

mac_obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by singinmys0ng
i always talk about makeup to everyone! I was talking to a boy in my class about it and he said..you spend $65 on makeup? i just said..that is ONLY $65 on makeup..who knows how much i spend in one year on it.*shudders* I dont even want to know.

heh Im the same way.
I always talk about it, and if I see it on tv oh boy...Im like LOOK SHES USING MAC!!! He just looks at me and rolls his eyes. Similar to what I do when he drones on and on about the Mets...

Shawna

Sad to say that my 3 year old knows more about MAC than my hubby. In fact, Graham can look at a colour and tell whether or not I will like it. Not so with DH. Mick just tunes me out. Kind of like I do to him when he is talking about his classic video game collection. I am not kidding when I say we have an entire room filled with atari, intellivision, coleco, NES, and superNES games.

mac_obsession

ROFL Shawna, my daughter too!! She knows whats what in the cosmetics world...She also knows no touching mommys stash of m/u unless mommy is putting it on her
greengrin.gif

mspixieears

My SO happily puts up with all my talk of girl stuff - it was he who took me to the MAC pro store and bought me my first MAC item ever - when he saw the foundation, he said "They have sunscreen in this stuff? That's really cool."

Mind you, he's an artist so he appreciates the whole thing and gives me great feedback on a look I'm trying out. He's the only person that cops my girl stuff talk!

niecypiecy

Yeah his eyes glaze over like mine do when he gets talking about a computer game or when he gets into is work (military) talk.

Bubbles12_98

I showed my boyfriend this forum yesterday & told him about this post *hehe* Though I didn't exactly show it to him
winks.gif
I showed him Son Risa's stash pictures that she has up on here. He was like "holy shit..i'd be pissed if that was my girlfriend..that's like 1,000s of dollars just in m/u"...and I gave him a dirty look and said "think about all the money you spend on your video games 'n computer games...even if you do exchange 'em for newer ones"..and all the DVDs he owns. He then saw my point *lol* He says one day we'll have seperate rooms in "our house" for our obsessions *lol* He teases me about practically having an orgasm at the sight of so much make-up...especially MAC. But then I tell him he practically creams when we walk into an EBGames or Book store *hehe* We may not have the same hobbies...but atleast we both have an obsession.

Onederland

Hahaha...i talk about it. But not often. I'll go off when people start asking me questions or need help. But for the most part i never talk to my boyfriend about it. He saw my collection once and said "HOLY FUCK! You wear all this?!" hahah, but thats as in depth we've ever gone about it. You know, for being in a gay relationship, hes rather supportive of the whole make-up thing. I mean i dont wear eyeshadow and stuff like that. But usually when i tell guys i wear foundation and concealer and stuff, they get all freaked out. So props to him for being a supportive boyfriend.
greengrin.gif

Which is suprising cause hes relatively butch...

His idea of "outdoor activities" is hiking and camping. My idea of "outdoor activities" is shopping at an outside mall. Hahaha...

Bubbles12_98

LMAO!! I feel ya on that "outdoor activities" part *hehe* My b/f teases me that I freak out if I have to break a sweat...which techinically isn't the problem, its just I really like being treated like a girly girl so I went into this relationship being girl so I gotta play the role *hehe* I like being treated like a girl...not like one of the guys when i hang otu with my guy friends. For once I wanted to be a high maintence girly girl. It feels nice too
greengrin.gif
Except i'm really not high maintence cuz I'm lazy *hehe*

Shawna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederland
My idea of "outdoor activities" is shopping at an outside mall. Hahaha...

I call it the mall-o-thon, and I swear I get more exercise shopping than I do at the gym.

user4

haha i tell my boyfriend and my coworker (a guy) everything. my bf sits there are listens to me and actually pretends to care and asks me questions... once i was bored and he let me do his makeup... haha. took it off in like 5 seconds but he let me... lol. and my coworker tells me to shut up but he listens too (yhe's nice underneath all the mean-ness)... but everyone else i know isnt into makeup as much as i am or at all even... so sad!!!

Bubbles12_98

Yeah I don't know anyone personally to talk about make-up with
ssad.gif
We should all have eachother on Yahoo or AIM so we can talk about make-up and other things together...well, i guess that's what this board is for though *hehe* Nevermind... *lol*

Juneplum

my dh's eyes glaze over and he gets the deer in the headlisghts look! lol! he just doesn't get it! luckily i have many friends who LOVE makeup so i;m good!

Spam.n.Rice

I talk to my younger sister about makeup and she hates it when I get started cuz she's so not into makeup at all. It's kinda funny since she's the one that got me into mac.
greengrin.gif

Bubbles12_98

WOOHOO!! Sounds fun
greengrin.gif

my boyfriend aggrevates me...why do guys always try to SOLVE your problems...sometimes we just want them to listen & allow us to throw a bitch fit *sigh* Its one of those nights girls..I MUST wear make-up in the morning to make me feel better.

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles12_98
my boyfriend aggrevates me...why do guys always try to SOLVE your problems...sometimes we just want them to listen & allow us to throw a bitch fit *sigh* I.

Hee hee, yeah, that's why you find someone more messed up than you! Joking of course. Guys are so good at solving others' problems and pretending theirs don't exist! I know it's a bit off-topic but oh well!

Latest posts