tanning sprays & lotions

kaexbabey

i have a few questions...

1) if i use a tanning spray and want it to be a deeper color, do i have to wait the next day to apply another layer or can i do it right when the first one dries?

2) lets say i applied the tanning spray & i shave & exfoliate the next day so that when i spray more self tanner it goes on evenly again, won't some of the color come off? lol it might sound silly but i'm really wondering about this

3) if i use a tanning spray, can i use a tanning lotion on some days i dont wanna spray just to maintain color? or will it smear the color from the tanning spray?

i obviously dont do this often, i just wanna add some more color for an upcoming trip. thanks in advance.

xStarryEyedX

I've become a bit of a pro with this self-tanning stuff. Here goes:

1- I would wait until the next day. A lot of times I'll spray myself around 7-7:30... And go to sleep around 11-11:30. In theory, I should be tan by then right? Wrong. I wake up the next morning at least 5 shades darker than the night before. I really think it takes a whole night to become the actual color. You might over-do it if you add more right away. Plus remember, you can always add more color- taking it away is a BITCH!!
2- Not really. Not the day after. I don't think mine fades for a good 3 days, and I shave/exfoliate every day (I'm kind of a weirdo, I know)
3- Yes! It makes it a bit easier to do it this way actually.

Hmm, what other tips can I give.... Here are my top few self tanning tips:
1- Feet and hands!!! Make sure you put a layer of lotion on before you spray your feet and your hands. TRUST ME! You don't wanna learn this the hard way like I did lol...
2- The best self tanning products I've found are : this one spray at ulta, it's called Shady Glow self tanning micro mist. It's sort of expensive, but it lasts a really long time compared to other sprays and the color is totally not orange AT ALL.... Faux Tan by Bare Escentuals, and the Faux Tan gradual lotion by them as well.
3- Have someone spray your back/butt/ anywhere else you can't reach. I am constantly forgetting the back of my shoulder/upper arm area. My boyfriend has to help with those.

kaexbabey

thanks for answering my questions & including your tips! =] but why do i need to put lotion on my feet and hands? the spray i use says to not have any product on the skin..i have a ModelCo spray.

ruthless

You put lotion on feet and hands (and wash them after including in between really well) so your skin doesn't absorb as much self tanner. It rarely looks even on those areas. I would reccomend you put lotion on your elbows ankles and knees too

xStarryEyedX

Yeah you def. need to put the moisturizer on all of those places. Otherwise they'll end up a billion times darker than the rest of your body. I dk why- but they will... YOu can try to go without doing it, buuuuut I wouldn't recommend ittttt

xStarryEyedX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjunsan
I agree with all the above and wanted to add that St. Tropez Bronzing Lotion is my holy grail!!

Which one? I've been curious about St. Tropez... is it a lotion, foam, etc? Details : )?