Tarte Trueblood or huge Fyrinnae haul?

Hi everyone!
I'm debating between getting the Tarte Trueblood palette or a huge haul of Fyrinnae eyeshadows. Can I get some help deciding? I am Korean with very light olive skin, I usually wear bright or dark colors, very rarely wear neutrals but am open to having some just in case. I have monolids and never fake a crease.

So -
Tarte-

• $52
  • 17 shadows
  • 0.07 oz each
  • shimmery darks and nice neutrals
  • mascara, eyeliner, primer incld (but I'm probably going to give those to someone else)
  • palette packaging (I love things in palettes!)
  • I've never sat down and watched TrueBlood, so won't be getting it for collecting.

Fyrinnae

• $41 for 17 minis and full size pixie epoxy
  • $52 gets 22 minis and full size pixie epoxy
  • minis are little over 0.05 oz each
  • No neutrals. All glitter or shimmer.
  • Heard there's a learning curve in application. Can anyone that uses these shadows tell me if it's that difficult? Even with the pixie epoxy?
  • I plan to get - Shinigami, Sleepy Hollow, Arcane Magic: Dark Fantasy, AD: Sorceress, Biker Chic, Candy Coated, Catrina Cabaret, Curiouser and Curiouser, Dragon's Wing, Eternal Innocence, Freya, Immortality, Meerkat, Mephisto, Gilded Wings, Victorian Vamp
  • So overall, deep purples, dark or bright blues, dark greens, couple multi-colored glitters, a pink, a gold, and a burgundy.

Any thoughts?

LittleMaryJane

I would go with the Fyrinnae haul, especially if you're not into True Blood... The only reason I even gave that Tarte palette a second look was b/c of the True Blood link (dumb, I know, but whatever). I've never bought any Fyrinnae myself but their swatches always look really nice and I've heard good things.

It's not dumb :D, especially when it looks like they actually put some thought into the colors and packaging, and not just put already existing products in a different package. Yeah, I see what you mean, the colors are dupeable. I think I got drawn in by how each 4 shadow diamond looked matching (if that makes sense). Yeah, I'll pass on the tarte, thanks for your opinion!

apocalypgloss

I really disliked my first Fyrinnae. It didn't stick, I had massive fallout, all the colors were sheer...it was a disaster. I wondered if everyone had some sort of collective delusion. I went back through their site & blog one day and saw that they had application tips. You can't apply it like a normal shadow or it will do all of the above. It needs to be patted on. The Pixie Epoxy helps a TON. If you like a really blown out airbrushed look around your edges, don't Pixie Epoxy all the way out to the end of your color. It leaves a sharper edge, even when buffed. Knowing what I do now, I love the Fyrinnae colors. I like them best on the lid over Pixie Epoxy with something else in the crease.

thepicketywitch

My vote is also for Fyrinnae. I haven't had a good experience with any of the Tarte palettes. I remember when the Jewel Box one came out, and everyone was scrambling to get their hands on one, and it ended up selling out everywhere. My friend got one, and when we opened it, most of the shadows were chalky, and had poor pigmentation. And while it takes a bit of practice and patience to apply Fyrinnae shadows properly, it's far more worth it than chalky shadows.