Tarte v. NARS v. MAC

marvlgrl2

Hi all,

I'd appreciate any feedback you guys could provide on blushes from these three companies (Tarte, NARS, and MAC). I'm interested in Tarte's Cheek Stain, NARS's the Multiple in Orgasm and any of the MAC blushcremes. I want something that looks natural and will last all day without being oily/too dry.

Or maybe these aren't the right blushes for me to be looking at? I'm open to suggestions. If anyone thinks a standard powder is better than any of the aforementioned, let me know!

Thanks so much, I love all this makeup talk since I'm so new at it.

Mercurial

Hi

I haven't tried any Tarte products so can't comment on those however I like both the NARS and MAC cremes.

With NARS multiples I've found they can be a little tricky to blend. They're not the softest creams but they leave a lovely dewy finish to skin once eventually blended! I have Orgasm, Maui and St Barts-the latter looks great with a tan and makes you look really healthy. Orgasm is quite shimmery but is a really pretty colour. I've found that these aren't the best for drier skins, occasionally my cheeks are a little dry especially in winter and these just emphasise this.

MAC blushcremes are easier to work with and blend perfectly. I like Sweet William which has just the right amount of glowiness without being too OTT. Brit Wit is another of my favourites and is a more natural cheek colour, I tend to wear this for normal daytime looks. Staying power is great too and the colour lasts all day on me. Out of NARS and MAC, I'd go for the blushcremes
yes.gif

marvlgrl2

Great, thank you! That's exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. And hoping for too: NARS is super spendy and I always find MAC to be reasonably priced compared to other high-end makeup lines.

Another quick question: Should I use my fingers or a brush with the blushcremes?

Mercurial

I'd go for a brush, you can blend better that way I find. I use MAC 187 brush and this is perfect for picking up the right amount of colour for all blushes/powders-its very versatile!

NARS is quite pricey compared to other brands though their powder blushers are good value really, they're very pigmented so only a slight amount is needed. If you wanted a blusher from here I'd recommend one of the powders rather than a multiple. MAC though is just as good quality and their blushcremes are just too lovely!

Hope you find something nice
yes.gif

Lissa

^^^I've heard this too. I read reviews on a BB Pot Rouge yesterday and general consensus seemed to be that the staying power of those is excellent. Mac's blushcremes disappear on me within a couple of hours

Latest posts