Taupe leaning brown e/s with a lil shimmer, MAC preferred

martiangurll

I am looking for a darker toned brown with a little bit of gray in it, think taupe but leaning brown, with a little bit of shimmer.

(I am trying to replicate a SB palette color). Prefer a non-frost and non-matte finish, somewhere in-between.
th_dunno.gif

Does MAC make one like this? LE or GC

CandeeNova

the color your describing sounds a lot like MAC's satin taupe, except that I'm pretty sure that satin taupe is a frost. Maybe copperplate by MAC would also work? Maybe you can find something similar in urban decay? If you depot the round urban decay shadows, they will fit into your MAC palette. Hope I was of some help!

aradhana

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
I am looking for a darker toned brown with a little bit of gray in it, think taupe but leaning brown, with a little bit of shimmer.

(I am trying to replicate a SB palette color). Prefer a non-frost and non-matte finish, somewhere in-between.
th_dunno.gif

Does MAC make one like this? LE or GC

There's French Grey (Satin / LE) which is a very warm 'grey'
Quarry is permanent, but it's matte.
Remotely Grey (Satin / LE) which looks brown in the pot, but grey on skin
If you are considering Satin Taupe, you might also look at Prepped for Glamour (LE /Satin), which was slightly darker.

martiangurll

thanks for all the replies--I have been layering Bold & Brazen over Knight Divine and that almost works. I tried a Clinique neutral gray color over Bold & Brazen and that worked even better.

Now to track down Era, Copperplate and Quarry. I have a French Cuff on the way.

specktra_rocks.gif

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
thanks for all the replies--I have been layering Bold & Brazen over Knight Divine and that almost works. I tried a Clinique neutral gray color over Bold & Brazen and that worked even better.

Now to track down Era, Copperplate and Quarry. I have a French Cuff on the way.

specktra_rocks.gif

Adding Satin Taupe, Prepped For Glamour and Remotely Gray. I can seriously fill a 15 pan with grays and be perfectly happy doing it...

gigiopolis

Satin Taupe! I believe it's a frost finish, but it definitely doesn't veer into metallic/glitter-bomb territory, and is incredibly wearable both as a lid and crease colour. Must-have.

Jessie May

Prepped for Glamour is nearly identical to Satin Taupe but a million times easier to work with - I love it!

Latest posts