Teal Brush Set review~

JoyC

I bought the Teal Brush Set today and the #219se was scratchy and not very nicely formed~ one or two hairs were fraying~ Should I ditch this and get the real thing? Anyone who can compare both for me? or maybe from the Tailormade's collection~ but I kinda like the purse.... altho I despised it when I saw it on the internet~ but in my hands....hmmmmm......tehe~

Jude

I would suggest that you get the real thing. The travel brushes never seem to be as good as the full sized.

JoyC

I just tried it doing a full face with the brushes~ 129 brush for powder foundation and blush, 239 for e/s, 266 for brows, 219 for smudging e/s on top and bottom lashlines, 316 to apply blacktrack fluidline on top~ ( I don't use lip brushes ) and I love this! I thought the 129 was too flimpsy and would suck~ but the outcome was great~ especially the blush part~ and the 219 was hard to work with at first~ but I wetted it and sorta gave it a little wash~ it softened tremendously and work wonderfully! I had the same problems with the 239 so I washed it too and it was not bad either~ I am going to keep this afterall~

I thought this was going to be crap when I was playing around on my face without actually applying and cosmetics ~ but after actually doing a face~ it's great afterall~ and the clutch IS worth the extra CAD10~ tehe~ I am tempted to use it tonight goin out~ hahahaha

and I think I should explain why I was playing with them with no makeup~ I was at the gym right after buying it~ and I couldnt wait til i am done workin out~ so I took them and Mystical Mist out to drool~ but now I am home~ I couldnt stop smiling when I was workin out~ I waited too long for something I cared from MAC! past collections usually tempted me with either one product or none at all~

but I was a little disappointed with the pearlizers~ I was planning to get all of them~ but they werent very pigmented and the microglitter was too much for my taste~ it was so pretty from the pics here.... what a shame~ ok~ i am done rambling~

galvanizer

Thanks for the review of the brushes... I'm still on the fence about these since it's generally thought that they aren't as good quality as the regular... so, do I get the 'bargain' set or splurge on the originals? Dang!!

sigwing

I'm getting the olive Stashette & just ordered the Stashbox set. I'm glad to read this & that you liked the ones in your teal Stashette!

I hope I'm done ordering things....*checks pulse*

xiahe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyC
I just tried it doing a full face with the brushes~ 129 brush for powder foundation and blush, 239 for e/s, 266 for brows, 219 for smudging e/s on top and bottom lashlines, 316 to apply blacktrack fluidline on top~ ( I don't use lip brushes ) and I love this!

how does the 266SE compare to the full-sized 266? i heard the 266SE was more firm....

JoyC

I find the 266se is much thicker~ since it has more hair, it makes the brush seem more firm~ u get what i mean? but honestly, I was never a fan of 266~ i got it for lining but it was too damn prickly~ but it's perfect for brows~ I use 263 which is much gentler on the eyes~ hths!

blahblah_face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
Is the crocodile effect bit on the purse shiny in a tacky way? I love the rest of it..but if it's shiny...

i thought that it was going to be tacky and i totally wasn't sure that i was going to buy them, but once i saw them in real life, the bag is really cute and totally doesn't look cheap and tacky. it's totally worth it. even if the brushes aren't as great as the full sized one they're good for once in a while usage.

JoyC

that's exactly what I thought too~ shiny pleather~ eww right? I had the same thought even when I saw it in real person in those display boxes~ but I guess I was being bias cause when I unwrapped mine~ I immediately changed my mind ~I'd say it's similar to "Guess" style/quality~ if you think Guess is good enough for you ~then I think you'll like this~

user4

i dont mind the bag, i think it's kind of cute but it could have done without the shiny pleather but it doesnt really take away from it much...

Sushi_Flower

Is there any chance of someone showing pics of their bag and brushes? I know there's already quite a few pics but i'd love to see detail of the actual bristles of the brush and the shape and the bag in more detail..especially the 'pleather' (sounds scary!)

sigwing

I just got my stashbox today & really like it. I got these brushes to use, and they're all ones that I needed and seem pretty nice. The box isn't bad either, it's like a nice jewelry box that you might get a necklace or something in. I think the teal reptile texture is nice, doesn't look "cheap."

Sushi_Flower

Fasting and having to wakeup at 4am to eat and go back to sleep at 5am does wierd things to your sleep and you get lots of short vivid dreams...one last night being that i went to the Mac counter and the Teal Stashette brushes were terrible and the bristles were worse than the ones you get in kid's makeup sets! lol, i thought it was real for awhile and decided i didn't want it...now i'm still in 2 minds..

user4

This is from Jude's Ornamentalism post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude
Stashettes.jpg

Sushi_Flower

Thankyou! But those are the ones i meant i'd already seen, i'd like to see the actual brush head in more detail so i can see the shape/bristles..don't know if that would help make my mind up though.