TEAM Purple: What were your favorite MAC lipsticks?

martiangurll

MAC has been delivering in the purple lipstick (and gloss) department lately and the newest purple product seems to be all the rage until the next one comes along...

How many purple lipsticks do you have and are you still looking for the HG Purple MAC lippy? Or maybe you found your favorite purple when you cheated on MAC and got another brand? Maybe you are the experimental type and found the perfect mix by combining multiple products? Feel free to share with other purple-holics your favorite purple shade/s and combos here. For bonus points, list your purple lippies (in order of favorite if you so desire)

Here's my Top Ten for starters, most favorite first:

Lavender Whip
Bloomin Lovely
Fashion Mews
Go For It
Seductive Intent (mattene)
Seasoned Plum
Nocturnal Instincts (mattene)
High Top
Bust Out
Playtime

Would like to try:

Violetta
Heroine
Strong Woman
Dish It Up
Up the Amp

Copperhead

Purple MAC lippies I have...some are kind of old, some are not so old. In no particular order of favoritism.

Yung Rapunxel
Asian Flower
Viva Glam Nicki Minaj 2
Violetta
Heroine
Blueberry Fizz
Martooni
Pervette (this one is a pinky violet)
Lust
Evening Stroll Casual Color
Night Violet

Ones that I will get soon...

Up The Amp
Lavender Whip

ETA: Other purple lippies that I have that aren't MAC....

Nicka K Lavender Tint
Covergirl Divine
NYX Power
Revlon Berry Haute
Wet n Wild Vamp It Up

This is all I can remember. I think I may be leaving out like 2 or 3. Maybe I'll list them if I come across them.

alyxo

Purple is my favourite colour so I go bananas when I see a purple lipstick. I think they look best on women with darker skin tones and I'm only a NC30 but it doesn't stop me from buying and wearing them!

In no particular order:
1. Up The Amp
2. Violetta
3. Playtime(LE)
4. Rebel
5. Boyfriend Stealer

I'm so upset I missed on Heroine. I hope MAC brings it back in a collection because I really want it.

vidalia

I love purple lipstick!!! Cyber, smoked purple, heroine, seductive intent, strong woman, up the amp, violetta!! Love love love. Except for up the amp, I use currant lipliner :)

VampyCouture

Rebel by Mac! LOVE!

I also like Va Va Violet from Revlon and Shiva by Nyx

Can't wait to get my hands on Heroine though

GlamQueen21

Heroine
Violetta
Rebel
Blooming Lovely
Viva Glam Nicki 2
Go For It
Lavender Whip
Fashion Mews
Budding Love
Bust Out
Quite Cute
Play Time
Yung Rapunxel
Strong Woman
Dish It Up
Bubblegum
Style Curve
Courting Lilac
Maybelline Brazen Berry
Maybelline Hot Plum

aradhana

I love up the amp (wore it for my wedding) and go for it. I also really love captive, which is a kind of purply berry shade. Oh, and flaunting it. Flaunting it is a true MLBB for me, and captive is probably the most flattering-but-not-in-your-face shade I've ever tried.

TXBeautyBaby

Purple Lipsticks are my favorite lipsticks but I've only been collecting MAC the last 3 years so my collection is still growing.

Here's my list:
Up the Amp
Strong Woman
Herione
Dish it Up
Rebel
Yung Rapunxel
Cyber

Naughtyp

Here's my fav purple mac lipsticks:
Violetta
Heroine
Seductive Intent
Up the Amp
Strong woman
Viva glam Nicki 2
Nocturnal Intincts
Rebel
Boyfriend stealer

Non-Mac:
OCC Hoochie
MUFE #15
Urban Decay Plague ( my original purple Lippie, no comparison discontinued)
Illamasqua Boost lilipgloss
Mybeline Vivid Brazen berry and Hot plum
Lime Crime Airborne Unicorn

Want:
Heroine lipglass
Lavender Whip
Maybeline lipgloss that everyone is talking about lol
mac Seasoned plum

Richelle83

These aren't really in order, not sure I can really do that! If they aren't on the list then that either means I don't like them or don't have lol.
MAC

1. Seductive Intent
  2. Violetta
  3. Heroine
  4. Seasoned Plum
  5. Playtime
  6. Lavender Whip
  7. Strong Woman
  8. Riveting Rose
  9. Evening Stroll

Non MAC

1. Bite Violet(pencil)
  2. Bite Pastille Lilac
  3. Sleek Mystic
  4. Inglot 281
  5. Inglot 282
  6. OCC Hoochie
  7. OCC Belladonna

aradhana

These aren't really in order, not sure I can really do that! If they aren't on the list then that either means I don't like them or don't have lol.
MAC

1. Seductive Intent
  2. Violetta
  3. Heroine
  4. Seasoned Plum
  5. Playtime
  6. Lavender Whip
  7. Strong Woman
  8. Riveting Rose
  9. Evening Stroll

Non MAC

1. Bite Violet(pencil)
  2. Bite Pastille Lilac
  3. Sleek Mystic
  4. Inglot 281
  5. Inglot 282
  6. OCC Hoochie
  7. OCC Belladonna
i was mulling over the bite shades last time i was at sephora....how do you find the texture wears? i've only tried one of their pencils, which i liked...i found it super hydrating and pigmented, and it didn't bother me that the wear time was short since it's supposedly 'good for you'...lol...

Richelle83

i was mulling over the bite shades last time i was at sephora....how do you find the texture wears? i've only tried one of their pencils, which i liked...i found it super hydrating and pigmented, and it didn't bother me that the wear time was short since it's supposedly 'good for you'...lol...
I lurve them! Annoyed the matte ones are limited edition but they are 3.7g I believe so they should last long. Great wear, not drying at all. The matte ones are similar to me to the mattenes(mac)-not super matte but still matte.

liba

I don't buy every purple that comes down the line, because ones that are too pink or berry or fuchsia I already have plenty of.

All time favorite has got to be Go For It! Strong Woman is much redder and more of what I'd call magenta, but it's a close second. I'm also crazy about Quite Cute and Fresh Amour mattene. Potent Fig mattene is also awesome, but pretty fussy to apply and keep looking good.

My purples (off the top of my head):

Go For It
Strong Woman
Heroine
Yung Rapunxel
Fervent
Boyfriend Stealer
Quite Cute
Blooming Lovely
Bust Out
Hellraiser
Cyber
Pervette
Icon

Nocturnal Instinct mattene
Seductive Intent mattene
Fresh Amour mattene
Potent Fig mattene

Evening Stroll

I don't think I'd count stuff like Playtime, Pink Popcorn or Petals & Peacocks - too fuchsia. I wouldn't count Musky Amethyst either - too berry (love that one, though).

nunnie115

Old lavender whip Heroine Playtime Seductive intent Strong woman Feel my pulse I want Fresh amour mattene Up the amp

Latest posts