Technakohl Qs..

Nolee

hi guys,

iv been looking for a kohl\liner that doesn't smear or smudge for like... my whole life probably
hmm.gif

so i tried on of these on the other day (on the water line of course) and they really suprised me, i mean they did smear a bit but not as much as i expected (mind u that my eyes get teary alll the time, and i *cough* cried when wearing this liner and no Darcula eyes
thmbup.gif

SO, the question is..
are they really safe to be used on the waterline?
are they LE?

TIA

DaizyDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by onnachan
They are TOTALLY safe for the waterline! And perm! Enjoy!!

actaully no they are NOT none of mac products are approved for use on the water line beacuse their is an increased ammount of risk when applyed to the water line due to the fact that it could create blockage of the tear ducts and you could end up having to have surgery in the worst case.

Im more a fan of tight lining then lineing the water line although it is harder to do its more sanitary. and i think looks better.

The eye khols are meant to be smudgy so you def dont want to use them if your looking for a non smudgey/ smokey look
smiles.gif

onnachan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaizyDeath
actaully no they are NOT none of mac products are approved for use on the water line beacuse their is an increased ammount of risk when applyed to the water line due to the fact that it could create blockage of the tear ducts and you could end up having to have surgery in the worst case..

actually they ARE safe. sorry daisydeath .. i've been a MAC employee for 5 years now and TECHNAKOHLS HAVE BEEN TESTED SAFE FOR USE IN THE WATERLINES. maybe youre thinking about powerpoint pencils, because they haven't been tested for waterlines. or maybe you're thinking about liquidlast or fluidlines... those are NOT recommended for use in the waterline... technakohls are fine. Any other MA's want to back me up on this?

ps. there's nothing sexier than liner in the waterline.

DaizyDeath

this is by marty green:

ok- so, after a lot of back and forth talk with both the chemists and the customer service, here's the deal.

MAC does not officially condone the usage of ANY product on the waterline. The wording on the website is misguiding, and is being changed.

MAC is aware that consumers do use products on the waterline, however is is not a reccomended usage.

I was able to find out that consumers should definately avoid waterline contact when using CCBs, pigments, and any velvet, frost, lustre, or veluxe pearl shadows.

So, the official word from MAC is:
Quote:
In response to your usage inquiry, we do not recommend the following products to be used in the waterline area of the eye; Eye Kohl, Eye Pencil, Powerpoint Eye Pencil, Fluidline, Crème Liner, Cream Colour Base, Paints, Eyeshadows, and Pigments.

maxcat

BUT... I was told at training that b/c the visual for Technakohl had waterlining, they HAD to test it for the waterline and it was safe. And my trainer waterlined with it. So, the only two products we're allowed to say are okay for waterlining are the regular kohls and the technakohl. People however are using everything from liquidlast to fluidlines to pigment... we're also not allowed to do waterlining during appointments but if a client wants to do it themselves we can clean them a regular kohl or a technakohl.

lara

All cosmetic companies have an official stance that no product is safe for use on the waterline. Official stance differs from practical usage, though.

Provided the technakohls have no mica, glitter or pearl in them, they can be used sparingly on the waterline. If you have a reaction, remove it immediately with a Q-Tip and warm water.

DaizyDeath

MAC artists aren't allowed to line your waterline and under no circumstances is the artist allowed to put anything on a customer's waterline. If the costumer really wants it done they would have to buy the product themself and then place it on the waterline at their own risk but if asked you would still have to tell them that it is a not approved for that use.

That was told to me by Jennifer of Mac Live Chat

bellaetoile

i think this is an issue where both sides are correct--partially.

MAC artists, and most employed makeup artists, are not allowed to, and do not, use any product on waterlines, because it is a HUGE legal liability and NO cosmetic company wants to have that potential burden on their shoulders.

whether or not they are ALLOWED to or not, though, has no effect on whether or not, at some point, the company TESTED them on the waterline. it is my understanding that the makeup company does not need to offer full disclosure on their testing unless they specifically recommend a product for usage on a certain area. does that make sense?

i'm sure many MAs have found, in their own time, that technakohls can be used on waterlines. they will not line your waterline in a professional capacity, but that's not to say that a friendly MA won't tell you, in a *wink wink* type of conversation, that technakohls are or are not safe. i hope this is semi-understandable, because i've been awake too long, and i feel like i'm not making sense. but basically, i'm sure MAs know more about the products than we do, and more than they are allowed, to let on. that's not to say either side is right or wrong. lining your waterline is a personal choice, and i think most of the people on here realize that, and accept responsibility for their own choices.

onnachan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaizyDeath
we do not recommend the following products to be used in the waterline area of the eye; Eye Kohl, Eye Pencil, Powerpoint Eye Pencil, Fluidline, Crème Liner, Cream Colour Base, Paints, Eyeshadows, and Pigments.

Sorry I couldn't reply quicker, I was cloing the counter last night!
Obviously technakohls aren't eye kohls - theyre named differently and in different packaging....
and yes MAC MA's can't apply product in a customers waterline, but we can give a customer a sanitized Technakohl to draw it in themselves. This is all from regional trainers. I'll send MAC an email today asking specifically about Technakohl usage... but when I went to Fall Update last July and we saw them and played around with them, we were told that one of the Technakohl liners biggest features was that they are safe to be used in the waterline.

onnachan

YAY! they're safe!!

So I heard back from MAC today and here's a copy of the email they sent me..
Enjoy wearing Technakohl's in the waterline without worry..
and to all you who wear fluidline - please stop!!
smiles.gif

And if you want, you can always ask MAC yourself..
click on email an artist or click here..
http://www.maccosmetics.com/customer...il_artist.tmpl
they got back to me in less than 2 days (on a weekend!)

Hi Onnachan,

Thank you for taking the time to email us at M·A·C Cosmetics Online.

I am happy to let you know that TECHNAKOHL LINERS are indeed safe for the
waterline. To view our colour selection, visit us at:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/products/products_landing.tmpl

Our certified Artists are pleased to provide you with personalized
recommendations that specifically address your needs. Please don't hesitate to
contact us in the future.

Best regards,

Stacey
M·A·C Cosmetics Online
Makeup Artist

geeko

geesh..i've been wearing my fluidlines in my waterline..does this mean that i have been doing the wrong thing?

KJam

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnatic
geesh..i've been wearing my fluidlines in my waterline..does this mean that i have been doing the wrong thing?

I love them on the waterline, due to how long they last. However, it is a definitely "do at your own risk" activity, as many people have had an adverse reaction to it.

onnachan

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnatic

i guess i'm a little careful with what i put in my waterline, just because product that gets into your eyelash follicles/tear ducts can cause infections and worse... and fluidline sets, making it that much harder to get out... but i know some MA's that do it... but i know a lot that don't, too.
as kjam said.. it's at your own risk.