Technique for droopy eye lids?

veilchen

Hello lovelies!

A good friend of mine just asked me to do her make-up once because she really likes how I do mine, but I'm a bit insecure now.

She's got droopy eye lids (you can really hardly see any lid space, only the inner third) and I'm not sure how to make the best with that - and I really want to make something she likes and looks good in.

I'm no pro, so do you know of any special technique or application or colour combo that would be good (she's got dark brown eyes, generally the tanned type)?
I thought of nothing too complicated and no overtly bold colours, maybe a light wash of champagne (e.g. Shroom) on the inner third and on the browbone, then a middle colour brown on the middle lid and something very dark in the outer third (e.g. Antiqued or Bronze). What do you think?

TIA!

Cruella

Her eyes sound exactly like mine - small lids without much room between lashes and crease. I usually apply color all over my lid and just a teeny bit above my crease (so you can actually see it!) and then apply my crease color at the very top of my crease. This helps me quite a bit.

Kels823

I was LITERALLY getting ready to post this same topic.... I have droopy eyelids unfortunately (I HATE them sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.... almost wanna get plastic surgery cuz I feel so ugly). And as much as I love the looks I see here, I cant really duplicate them exactly on myself becuz of my stupid droopy eyelids....
ssad.gif

Kels823

One more thing: Should I follow the guidelines of doing makeup for Asian eyes, even tho Im not Asian, just have droopy lids? Or is totally different all together?

asnbrb

I have no crease whatsoever and perhaps a 1/16 of an inch between lash and where it curls under when I open my eyes, so I'm a little bit of a different boat but maybe I can help a little. What I do when I apply is I build the darker color from the outer corner inwards over the whole lid (under the browbone). Granted that I can't use a crease color, but I can make do.
Also, someone once told me to use a nice blending color (I use Bamboo) right under the browbone area to give it a little more of a finished look. I think it's professional tart that has similar eyes (except that she has a crease).

makeba

i would love to see this. when do you put your eyeshadow on? before or after placing on the strips? i would love to see a photo of you before and after!! this could be my answer to my prayers and not risk having a plastic surgery nightmare!

lilbrunzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeba
i would love to see this. when do you put your eyeshadow on? before or after placing on the strips? i would love to see a photo of you before and after!! this could be my answer to my prayers and not risk having a plastic surgery nightmare!

Hi makeba,

I'm on the road right now and not set up to take pics, but did you check out their before and after pics on the Eye Magic site? The first ones are a bit larger and really amazing. You can see how the lady's upper eyelid skin has sagged down over her eyelids, then its magically gone in the "after" pictures:

Eye Magic Eye Lift - Eyelid Lift for Droopy Eyelids - Pictures

They also have a video up that actually shows the lady applying the product so you can see it work live:

Eye Magic Eye Lift - Eyelid Lift for Droopy Eyelids - Video

Let me know if you end up purchasing this and how it works for you

lilbrunzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeba

Oh yeah, and as far as eye shadow...I have got pretty good at getting these things to apply properly, so I do put eye shadow on under the strips. The strips are so clear that you can see right through to the eye shadow. This is what they say about eye shadow on their FAQ page (http://www.eyemagic.net/faq.htm):

Quote:
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif] Can eye shadow be used with the product?
Yes, eye shadow can be used with the product, but we suggest that you become comfortable applying the product first before using eye shadow. We also recommend that you start by putting the eye shadow under the brow bone and not on the eyelid. When you are proficient with the application and are ready to apply the product over eye shadow on the lid, apply your make-up as you usually do. Then put the gel on the strips (a very small amount, just enough to cover the sticky side of the strip with a thin film) and place the Eye Magic strips on your eyelids over the eye shadow in the best position for you.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Can eye shadow be applied on top of the strips?
Powder eye shadow won’t stick to the strip. If you use powder eye shadow, put the shadow on first and apply the strip over it (see previous question). The color will show through. If the shadow wears off around it, touch it up. You can also apply the strips without shadow on your eyelids but instead put the eye shadow back behind them in the hollow under the brow bone to accent your eye. Or you can do both. Some types of cream eye shadow will adhere to the strips and you can rub cream shadow color into the strips while they’re still on the backing to color them. You can then place them over the same shadow already applied to the lids. Testing and user experiences have shown that putting the strips over the makeup works best. People amaze us with the creative ways they use makeup, though so we encourage you to experiment. Keep in mind it usually takes some experimenting to learn where to place the strips on your eyelid correctly in the beginning. We recommend that you first start without makeup, get comfortable with the product and then see what works best for you with makeup. I wouldn't use eye shadow when first learning to use it as you'll probably put it on and take it off a number of times before you're satisfied with the results. I've done it every way you can with good results.
[/FONT]

makeba

thank you for this. i did see the video but somehow my computer (dinosaur) did not make the pic big enough for me to see it like i would like to but none the less i did see that it worked. i think i may invest into these babies really soon, i just envy ladies without hooded lids cuz its a pain. i just want the full lid to be shown when i know i have applied my shadow perfect!

ashmarie019

Don't know if this will help but came across this in one of my aesthetic books

To offset the droop of the eye, which is often accompanied by a low bone structure or low lid fold, it is necessary to give the appearance of a lift to the entire eye area.
  1. Tweeze the under area of the outer portion of the brow to allow a better arch.
  2. Shading shadow is applied in a band across the lid fold and smudged outward.
  3. Highlighter is placed directly under the arch of the brow.
  4. Eyeliner (if used) is applied in a very thin line and thickened very slightly at the outside in a wedge-like point to give a lift to the eye.

Latest posts