Techniques for a cracked, bloody pale lip?

KristyVictoria

I have Lovedust and red MAC lipmix, so I was thinking i could put the lipmix in the corners of my lips and maybe at the bottom edge of my top lip and the top edge of my bottom lip, and then Lovedust every where else... but any tips on how to get the red lines that would naturally occur in the middle of the bottom lip like when they get chapped and crack? I'm afraid if I try to do that the red and the pale color will just mix together and become pink.

ForgetRegret

I think if you put the lovedust on first and use a thin brush (like the 210) with the lipmix, you should be able to draw the red into your natural lines without it mixing together. Just remember to blot the lovedust first, and if you try it out, and see that it seems to merge together, try using an angled brush with some reddish pink eyeshadow (like Passionate), and tap that into your lines first...that way if the lipmix picks up and muddles with what's underneath it, you won't be able to tell. HTH!
smiles.gif

KristyVictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
I think if you put the lovedust on first and use a thin brush (like the 210) with the lipmix, you should be able to draw the red into your natural lines without it mixing together. Just remember to blot the lovedust first, and if you try it out, and see that it seems to merge together, try using an angled brush with some reddish pink eyeshadow (like Passionate), and tap that into your lines first...that way if the lipmix picks up and muddles with what's underneath it, you won't be able to tell. HTH!
smiles.gif

Thanks so much! I do have passionate around somewhere and that sounds like the perfect solution.
smiles.gif

Tahti

For a cracked lip look, I find the quickest way is I apply 2 different colour red L/S's on the inner space of my lips, and blot it. The I purse my lips so all the lines appear in them, and dab concealer all over them, then set it all with light powder.

ForgetRegret

^^ You're just so dang clever...LOL I never EVER would've thought about that...it's fricken brilliant, though. (and no, I'm not being sarcastic, it really is an awesome idea, and very simple)