Tell me about the 213 please!

Kelly78

I'm going to MAC tomorrow, and am thinking about getting the 213. What do you think of this brush? What do you use it for? Do I need it? Thanks for your input!!

nunu

To me the 213 is my HG brush. Everyone loves the 239 brush for packing on colour and applying it on the lid but that didn't work on me, so i got the 213 and it does the job perfectly! If i had to take one brush with me, this would be the one.

bis

Love the 213, the ideal pigment brush.
Did I mention I love it? One of the most underestimated brushes MAC has.
After trying the 213 with pigments, I can understand the pigment hype.

Susanne

Must I try the 213??
hmm.gif
lol.gif

nunu

Susanne, I find that the 239 doesn't pick up colour for me. When i heared how everyone loves it, i thought that maybe my 239 was damaged or something so i bought a new one, but no i still had the same problem so i continued with my beloved 213
greengrin.gif

However, i do love the 239 for pigments
smiles.gif

Liya2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
To me the 213 is my HG brush. Everyone loves the 239 brush for packing on colour and applying it on the lid but that didn't work on me, so i got the 213 and it does the job perfectly! If i had to take one brush with me, this would be the one.

Nora is there a difference between the 213SE and the full size one??

gigiopolis

^ I'd like to know this too. Actually, I have two 213SE brushes from palettes and they're both COMPLETELY different from each other - one is way fluffier and the other is tightly packed and dense. I like 'em both for different things though. And if the handles were longer I'd definitely use them on a regular basis since I can easily do a complete eye with just that brush.

katsey

I have the 213 and the 239, and I find I go for the 213 more often to put eyeshadow on my lids. Both do a similar if not exactly the same job. My reason for the 213...because it doesn't look as dirty after i use it. Isn't that sad? I mean I do use a brush cleaner after each use, but it doesn't get the white brushes back to sparkling.

On another note, the 213 was the first brush I got almost 10 years ago and its still in perfect form. Just figured I'd throw that in.

kariii

Oh No! Why did I read this thread? One brush I don't have that Now I neeed! You guys are making me be bad again.. I must stay away, must stay away!

MAC_Whore

To me, the #213 can be a bit too fluffy for lid colour (thus the name "fluff brush", eh?), but I adore it to softly apply brow bone colour. IMO, the fluffiness makes it more prone to losing a lot of colour off of the brush, tapping excess or not.

NeonKitty

The 213 was the first MAC brush I ever bought, long before I actually knew how to *properly* apply makeup. I loved it then, but since I have branched out into the 239, 249, 217, and 226, I find myself using it more as a backup brush, it's not the one I reach for first for applying colour.

lipshock

I have this brush and I barely use it. Hell, I cannot even remember the last time I used this brush. It's just not on my radar and I'm not a fan of it. MAC_Whore said it best: the fluffiness is best for applying a soft wash of colour and brow bone highlight but other than that, I just don't reach for it. I am one of those that love the #239 brush. =]

NeonKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
I have this brush and I barely use it. Hell, I cannot even remember the last time I used this brush. It's just not on my radar and I'm not a fan of it. MAC_Whore said it best: the fluffiness is best for applying a soft wash of colour and brow bone highlight but other than that, I just don't reach for it. I am one of those that love the #239 brush. =]

I love the 239 so much I bought three of it's clone. Identical. And only $5.

joey444

For packing color on the lid, I use the 239. I agree, the 213 is too fluffy for me, however, because I have small eyes, it works well for me for applying color on the crease and blending. Even then, I rarely use it.

yepanotherone

i have this brush and i never use it. i think i will have to pull it out tomorrow when i do my makeup for work. i bought it because i love the 213se's that come in the palettes.

spacegirl2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
To me, the #213 can be a bit too fluffy for lid colour (thus the name "fluff brush", eh?), but I adore it to softly apply brow bone colour. IMO, the fluffiness makes it more prone to losing a lot of colour off of the brush, tapping excess or not.

x2 for me.
i could easily do without my 213. i dont like it for placing color at all, its too soft and fluffy for me. if i do use it at all, its for brow highlight. but i have other brushes i prefer for that over the 213.

Latest posts