Telling someone you love them.

mern

Hey ladies,

I need a little creativity here. I have madly fallen for the guy I have been dating for a few months and I want to tell him that I love him for the first time. I want it to be special, romantic and memorable. I want to look in his eyes and hold his hands and tell him that I love him... but I cant think of the perfect place or idea to make it special. He already knows how I feel and feels the same way but we just haven't said those 3 powerful words and hes not the kind of guy to say it first. Any ideas here?

Simply Elegant

Do something you've never tried before and tell him then. Personally I think it would be really cute to go on a hot air balloon ride and tell him then while you get to look at the pretty scenery. If he's mentioned something he wants to do or try, try to make it happen and say it then.

Meisje

That's a cute idea, just make sure he's not afraid of heights
tong.gif

InspiredBlue

Personally I like the no pressure approach. The next time you two are together and you feel one of those "wow.. I love you"-moments in your head, just say it.
winks.gif
That in itself will make it special. No rainbows or unicorns necessary.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
Personally I like the no pressure approach. The next time you two are together and you feel one of those "wow.. I love you"-moments in your head, just say it.
winks.gif

That's what I was thinking! I'm not a big planner anyway, and once I finally discovered that I loved my now DH, I had to tell him right away (well, once I worked up the nerve! lol). It was nothing special, just sitting in his car after he'd driven me home one night, but it was a special moment for us.
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
winks.gif

iagree.gif
sometimes keeping things simple is much better than doing something crazy
smiles.gif

kaliraksha

Totally agree. I don't think there is anyway to make that moment anymore special than by it being completely authentic. When you feel your love for them so much that you just can't help but spurt it out, it's a type of release. I love when it's said in kooky places... it makes an ordinary event extraordinary and memorable. I told my bf the first time he helped me with the dishes after I made dinner... we were having a splash soap fight.

NicksWifey

I remember when I was told that I was last loved by a guy, it really took be by surprise. We had been dating for a couple of months seriously and he had never said it before. He had texted me goodnight and said "I LOVE YOU BRITTNEY! Yes I just said I love you!" and it really took me by surprise.

I definitely think it's one of those things you just can't plan, you just have to go with the flow. And I know that if you feel that strongly for him, he must definitely have the same mutual feelings for you and will totally appreciate it when you drop those three little words.

abbyquack

When I was dating my now-husband, we both had a hard time saying "I love you". Well then one night we got drunk and I think we said it like 20 times hahaha. It was easy then! A little bubbly goes a long way. And a lot of bubbly goes even further!
lol.gif
It was slightly awkward the next day but we had both meant it so somehow it worked out. Anyways I don't know if any of this even answers your question, but basically it can be pretty difficult for a lot of people to say it directly.

QueenBam

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
When I was dating my now-husband, we both had a hard time saying "I love you". Well then one night we got drunk and I think we said it like 20 times hahaha. It was easy then! A little bubbly goes a long way. And a lot of bubbly goes even further!
lol.gif
It was slightly awkward the next day but we had both meant it so somehow it worked out. Anyways I don't know if any of this even answers your question, but basically it can be pretty difficult for a lot of people to say it directly.

This is really cute and funny!
greengrin.gif

Definitely go for the no-pressure approach, and well boys are weird so if he re-acts all funky don't get nervous or have weird thoughts.
smiles.gif
When my now bf told me he loved me for the first time i think i acted really REALLY weird, even though "i love you" had almost slipped out of my mouth like 8 times! haha
let if flowwwwww
tong.gif

kaliraksha

Aww, this is so turning into tell me about the first time i-love-you's were exchanged! So cute to hear all the stories...

lol abbyquack- love yours.

BeccalovesMAC

I told my hubby I loved him when we were having really good sex. Dont over analyze ur " I love u moment". I honestly didn't plan on telling him(my hubby)that day. There are somethings that u just can't plan.

mern

ahah well when we go to bed I usually put him to sleep by drawing on his back. I ended up drawing it in cursive on his back ahha and he knew right away so then I said it out loud. Im such a dork, I thought it was cute.
smiles.gif

Latest posts