Testing Testing EOTD Take 1

RedRibbon

Hey ladies, I don't really have a whole FOTD, just eyes as I'm trying to improve my technique.

This is the first time I have ever ventured to use two shades on one eyelid and any constructive criticism is more than welcome as I really want to improve my blending skills etc..

I've used only one brush here and to me, both eyes don't look the same. Anyway, here we go.. (pardon the Yeti like eyebrow hair, I was growing them out and had to do an emergency pluck..will be getting them threaded soon)

Eye 1
2i7pr9d.jpg

Eye 2
b8sdjk.jpg

Products I used:
UDPP
L'oreal Star Secrets palette (Penelope Cruz) in colours 1 and 2...see photo here: (the colours are actually a fair bit darker than shown here, colour 1 is a dark yet bright bronzy shade)

http://i10.ebayimg.com/01/i/001/41/6d/2721_1.JPG

Thanks
winkiss.gif

madnicole

Hi - I think it looks great, and your blending is good - however the lighter shade placement on the inner eyelid is slightly different in each one. On the first picture it's angled, slightly wider on the lashline and narrower along the crease - and on the second it is more straight up and down (if any of that makes sense). Now usually you don't have your eyes closed for long enough for anyone to notice the very slight difference but I think that is why you think they don't look the same. The colours are beautiful though and you have done a great job!

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnicole
Hi - I think it looks great, and your blending is good - however the lighter shade placement on the inner eyelid is slightly different in each one. On the first picture it's angled, slightly wider on the lashline and narrower along the crease - and on the second it is more straight up and down (if any of that makes sense). Now usually you don't have your eyes closed for long enough for anyone to notice the very slight difference but I think that is why you think they don't look the same. The colours are beautiful though and you have done a great job!

Thanks, that really helps
smiles.gif
I am going to play with different colours this evening and see what happens. I've just been looking at my eyes in the mirror and I can clearly see what you mean, one has the lighter shade covering more of the eyelid than the other.

It's a shame I can't seem to see a thanks button anywhere
ssad.gif

madnicole

you're welcome - I know what you mean though - I sometime look at my makeup and think 'somethings not right' but you can't see it for yourself often....glad to help! It does look gorgeous anyway!

RedRibbon

Thanks
smiles.gif

It's the first time a blended job has ever come out properly for me, usually I end up blending the other colour out of the equation. Last summer I attempted a nude lid with a hint of blue on the edge and ended up with cornflower blue eyelids, not a good look.

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by claralikesguts
great colors and blending
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacVirgin
I also think you did a good job!
smiles.gif
just keep practicing on the color placement.

Thanks
smiles.gif

It sounds stupid but I've been on this quest for ages to find a perfect nude colour for me, I used this the other day and a lady on the train said she was amazed at how well it made my brown eyes stand out so I've been using it since then and my eyes are opening to using shades other than what looks super natural.

I will be practicing again tomorrow and will post up my results (will try to use different colours to keep it fresh though).

Just one question about the highlighter which goes under the brow, can you use one highlighter with any eyeshadow colour or should you change it depending on which colours you use?

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
Thanks
smiles.gif

It sounds stupid but I've been on this quest for ages to find a perfect nude colour for me, I used this the other day and a lady on the train said she was amazed at how well it made my brown eyes stand out so I've been using it since then and my eyes are opening to using shades other than what looks super natural.

I will be practicing again tomorrow and will post up my results (will try to use different colours to keep it fresh though).

Just one question about the highlighter which goes under the brow, can you use one highlighter with any eyeshadow colour or should you change it depending on which colours you use?

Looks really good, I think the blending is perfect. I LOVE the colour - coppery browns are my favourite shades for eyes!

For highlighters, Shroom tends to be my "go to" shade since it's very neutral on me and it seems to match everything. If I am doing a coloured eye, then sometimes I will pick another shade just to mix it up a little (e.g. if I am doing a purple eye I might pick something with a hint of gold or pink in it just to change it up and also to bring out the purple a bit more). So, I do think you can use one highlighter with anything, but personally I get a bit bored using the same colours day in day out, hence why I have/use quite a few.

Edit: I didn't know about those L'oreal palettes! Me want
smiles.gif

RedRibbon

You can buy them in Boots and they're 12 quid but I think that's a bit steep but then you do get a whole face in a palette which is good and you can use all the colours.

I got mine free with Glamour last year
smiles.gif

Latest posts