The 1 minute depotting for Aga owners

ollieo

I am not sure if this should go here or elsewhere so feel free to move this.

We have an Aga stove which is always at temperature. It is perfect for depotting. Like the flat iron depotting method without the wait. I put the whole pot on top of the cover for the boiling plate for long enough to find my scissors and magnet sheet. Then peel off the label and put on the magnet sheet. I find the glue already on the label is more then enough to hold it on the magnet but you can use more. Then cut out the label/magnet. Then pry the e/s pan in the plastic insert out of the pot. Place the plastic insert on a piece of tin foil and place on the boiling plate, count to 3 and remove. The plastic will already be starting to melt a little and bend and you can easily pop out the e/s pan. Place upside down on a papertowel and stick label/magnet to the back.

We used tin foil because we could not find any parchment paper.

The only reason this takes a minute is to cut out the label. As it was my husband had so much fun he had depotted 3 perfectly before I had one label cut out.

I do not know why any stovetop flat would not work. My Aga boiling plate is around 800 degrees F at the center. We just put it on the edge.