The beauty blender- what's your thoughts?

Edelmc

I am thinking of getting a beauty blender and would love to hear your opinion of them. Thanks

ansimi

It's very good. It's a high quality sponge and the shape/design really does work. Are you currently using a damp sponge? If you are then you might find this a worthy upgrade. If you aren't using a sponge then maybe buy some cheap ones to see if you like how it works with your foundation before investing in a Beauty Blender? It's pretty expensive and I'm guessing it's even more expensive in the UK. I normally wear tinted moisturizer and I don't like a sponge for that. But, I usually pull out my BB when I want to use my higher-coverage foundation.

Mac-Guy

I think it is a great tool if you are prepared to replace it on a frequent basis. Otherwise, it's just an ideal location for all sorts of bacteria to grow as it is difficult to clean and disinfect.

Personally, I prefer brushes as I can clean them thoroughly, but the BB can be very versatile in situations where you don't have your whole arsenal of brushes at your disposal (e.g. holidays). It's a clever product, but pricey for what it is, especially in the frequency in which you should get a new one.

Edelmc

I thought you meant the Pro Performance Sponge.
Yeah. I think that's the name of macs version. I am looking at comparing macs pro performance sponge with the sponge called the beauty blender which cones from a company called the beauty blender...2 similar products from 2 different companies...

QueenOfSnark

I liked it alright, but it the upkeep/maintenance on the sponge was too much. Like others have said it's difficult to clean/disinfect, and since you're supposed to replace them every 3 months it gets expensive. I figured at that price I might as well invest in a high end brush...

PeppermintMocha

I don't own one myself, but I was really considering it last month.

What I figure (and I'm probably the last to find out) is in the long run, a brush is more cost effective and longer lasting...since I read that the beautyblender has to be replaced every 6 months and it's not that cheap either.

Latest posts