The best weight loss advice ever!

Beauty For Ashe

Thank you...I have been on the healthy eating thing for about a month. I've lost ten pounds but last week I didn't lose anything so I know that I definitely need to lose the carbs.

Okami08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty For Ashe
Thank you...I have been on the healthy eating thing for about a month. I've lost ten pounds but last week I didn't lose anything so I know that I definitely need to lose the carbs.

Muscle is denser than fat, so if you're building muscle, you might not see a reduction in weight. At my smallest healthy size, my size 4 jeans were loose and I weighed 138lbs, because I had replaced fat with dense muscle tissue. I started out a size 6 (same brand and style of jeans) and weighed 127lbs. Over the course of a few months, I added 11lbs, but I dropped down to a size 4, and I lost quite a bit of fat. Since I was adding muscle, I tracked my progress by measurements instead of with a scale.

jbinkley

Thank you for the great tips. I'm still at the point where I need to shake a few holiday pounds off before the summer.

One thing I feel I need to add to the list is the importance of drinking lots of water. Not only does it curb the appetite, but also does wonders for your skin. I carry a water bottle with me everywhere I go.

jbinkley

I forgot to say in my last post that in order to spice up your water, you can add things to it like lemon juice or even cucumber slices.

Also I noticed in the health tips post that Crystal Light was listed. This is a great addition to water since the product offers a lot of taste choices with no additional calories.

Indian Barbie

yes that' true, water is very important - especially before a workout! Make sure you get to the gym fully hyrdated, your performance is so much better!

Indian Barbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticarbcqen
I think I read somewhere that creating a 3500 calorie deficit leads to 1lb-2lb lost. is that correct?

How is that even possible?

A 1-2lb loss per week is possibly through a healthy balanced diet and exercising. Depending on your metabolism, current activity level, current weight, the way you eat etc you might not even have to cut any calories. Just starting by making healthier choices and integrating a fitness program that works with your lifestyle and you'll start losing weight.

Take small steps to permanently change your life so you wont ever put the weight back on. That's how I started and I've now lost 52lbs in a year.

kimmae17

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticarbcqen
I think I read somewhere that creating a 3500 calorie deficit leads to 1lb-2lb lost. is that correct?

3500 calories = 1 lb lost.

that is true.
so if you compare how you eat and exercise now, and compare it to what it would be if you burnt 250 calorie working out and cut 250 from your daily food. thats -500 calories a day and 3500 a week . you should loose one pound a week.

msdarkpretty

yes.gif
wow...i just one to share...im on atkins diet for about 4month..n i lost about 23lb now...from 165lb to 142lb
th_wink3.gif

malteze_bubbleg

Very great tips.strength training is deff way effective than cardio. its effect usually lasts upto 48hrs whereas cardio effect lasts only few hours.

Eating healthy is a lifestyle change for many but its is well worth it...you also never realise how good organic food and especially homemade meals are. I am not overweight or anything but ive been recently started focusin on strentgh training to tone up and get a leaner body. ( ive always made healthy meals and i almost never eat out....but like anyone i also have them days where i like to "pig out"). has anyone heard about the Abs Diet book? Its a very good book someone recommended through youtube and it makes a lot of sense about the food we should eat.

msdarkpretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestuprancid
wow!
Im new to spektra and have been stuck in the makeup portion of the forums

I really need help with this whole fitness/eating thing.
I want to lose 20lbs I dont even know how to begin. How i can workout with only having my room to do it in (i live in the woods..bears...cant afford a gym)

What kind of advice can you guys give?

my advices...go for aerobics....just buy a cd or dvd...
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif

cupcake_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestuprancid
wow!
Im new to spektra and have been stuck in the makeup portion of the forums

I really need help with this whole fitness/eating thing.
I want to lose 20lbs I dont even know how to begin. How i can workout with only having my room to do it in (i live in the woods..bears...cant afford a gym)

What kind of advice can you guys give?

Try going online and looking up work-out moves. Bicycles, lunges, squats... They really do work!

Some links for you:

At Home Workouts | Women's Health Magazine

5 Moves to a Fit, Fab You - Healthy Living - Health.com

Ways to Work Out at Home - Exercise for Weight Loss - Regimen - Goodhousekeeping.com

And while you're waiting for those results..

Get a Flat Belly Without Diet or Exercise - MSN Health & Fitness - Weight Loss

Ruby_Woo

I think more than anything, people need to realize that ALL diets fail. Its a lifestyle change. Once you go back to eating the same, you will gain the same weight back.

kaspergirl

i love bodybuilding.com....they have a lot of cool stuff and tips...so awesome...its very motivating as well when you see some of the girls bodies on there! makes me want to exercise immediately! LOL
th_LMAO.gif

handbags

Everybody note today I want to give all of you a very simple and the best weight loss advice. It is very simple. Everybody, who want to loss his/her weight, drink one glass of water (about 300 ml) before sleep and early in the morning every day(before breakfast). Water must be warm like tea. After the month the result will be wonderful.

Indian Barbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbags
Everybody note today I want to give all of you a very simple and the best weight loss advice. It is very simple. Everybody, who want to loss his/her weight, drink one glass of water (about 300 ml) before sleep and early in the morning every day(before breakfast). Water must be warm like tea. After the month the result will be wonderful.

umm no disrespect, but if someone's diet is 3000 calories a day, that glass of water will make no difference what so ever.

Latest posts